Antennas sticking outa my tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and back to figuring out why Im only getting 11.5 MPG..

Your tires are really low and creating a lot of drag. But, you don't know this because you spoofed your TPMS system.

..about 100 lbs...cutting out all sugar and drastically lowering carb intake.

Keto diet FTW.

Nate pretty much summed it up. I'm in my second year and am maintaining a much healthier weight for my size. I'm to the point now where I need to work out. A 375-lb. coworker started in January and is down about 80 lbs. He's aiming for his ideal weight of 275 (he's 6'-9"). Like me, his numbers (I use "numbers" as shorthand label for LDL, HDL, blood sugar, and all that other stuff they check during physicals and blood scans) have never been better. He was pre-diabetic.

I'm still discovering all kinds of non-sugar/low-carb alternatives to "normal" foods. Been treating myself to cheesecake the past few nights. No, it doesn't taste like a diet alternative, either. It's actually a hair on the rich side for my liking. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your tires are really low and creating a lot of drag. But, you don't know this because you spoofed your TPMS system....

Ha...ha....ha....(slow golf clap)

I tried the keto once, it was expensive, I got tired of the fat bombs and I couldn't for the life of me stay within my carb limit. My wife gave me heck until she tried it with me and realized it was next to impossible to maintain the numbers. Its aggravating when you eat 5 blueberry's and find out that you've exceeded your carb intake by 250% for the day...

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha...ha....ha....(slow golf clap)

I tried the keto once, it was expensive, I got tired of the fat bombs and I couldn't for the life of me stay within my carb limit. My wife gave me heck until she tried it with me and realized it was next to impossible to maintain the numbers. Its aggravating when you eat 5 blueberry's and find out that you've exceeded your carb intake by 250% for the day...

That is exactly the problem. Factories making everything out of various forms of bread and flavoring it with various forms of sugar is cheap and consumed by all. Now that that's all we have around us and it satisfies our want for quick, cheap and delicious, we're lost when it comes to seeking out the real food. Knowing what you're supposed to eat and avoid is the easy part. Finding ways to get it at reasonable prices is what deters most because it's too much work when we're accustomed grabbing a _____ sandwich or tearing open a plastic wrapper of _____ product assembled from [bad] carbs in a factory. It was expensive when I first started because I was looking for the no carb foods, but the quick-fix options because that's all I knew. Now I spend about the same as what I would on anything else except for the price of keto-friendly foods suddenly inflating and regular food prices dropping. Bacon has almost doubled in price and milk is almost half of what it used to cost.

Once you get on a routine, you'll eat much less since you're eating more efficiently. You eat for fuel, not for filling. What we now know as food is just flavorful substances we consume as a reward or for entertainment or just for the convenience to stop the hunger pangs so we can continue on with our fast-paced lives.

There's so much more to it than bacon, bacon, fat bombs, bacon, bacon, bacon, fat bombs, bacon, fat bombs, etc. I haven't had a fat bomb in a long time. I have two slices of bacon every morning with two farm eggs and an avocado. If I have bacon again that day, it's crumbles on a salad. This morning I had bacon and waffles cuz we ran out of eggs. Lunch, if not a salad made more of toppings than greens, is usually buffalo wings or some other meat. Sometimes I'll grab an Un-wich from Jimmy Johns or Whopper with cheese, bacon and jalapenos and slip it off the bun. In a pinch, I'll get a slice of Hunt's Brother's pizza and slide the topping off the crust. Whatever I eat, lots of water is consumed so I'll always get full. I don't get "hungry" very often. I get a little sluggish and that tells me I'm running low on fuel. Soon after a meal, I'm ready to get back at it. I'm very sedentary with my job since most of my time is spent driving a van a few hours at a time then being rather stationary at a job site as I work on the equipment. Being more active would've made the weight loss quicker. Speaking of that, ketosis is not solely to lose weight. Weight loss is a side benefit to your body recovering and getting back to where it should be had you not spent years filling it with all the convenient shit you're surrounded by.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is exactly the problem. Factories making everything out of various forms of bread and flavoring it with various forms of sugar is cheap and consumed by all. Now that that's all we have around us and it satisfies our want for quick, cheap and delicious, we're lost when it comes to seeking out the real food. Knowing what you're supposed to eat and avoid is the easy part. Finding ways to get it at reasonable prices is what deters most because it's too much work when we're accustomed grabbing a _____ sandwich or tearing open a plastic wrapper of _____ product assembled from [bad] carbs in a factory. It was expensive when I first started because I was looking for the no carb foods, but the quick-fix options because that's all I knew. Now I spend about the same as what I would on anything else except for the price of keto-friendly foods suddenly inflating and regular food prices dropping. Bacon has almost doubled in price and milk is almost half of what it used to cost.

Once you get on a routine, you'll eat much less since you're eating more efficiently. You eat for fuel, not for filling. What we now know as food is just flavorful substances we consume as a reward or for entertainment or just for the convenience to stop the hunger pangs so we can continue on with our fast-paced lives.

There's so much more to it than bacon, bacon, fat bombs, bacon, bacon, bacon, fat bombs, bacon, fat bombs, etc. I haven't had a fat bomb in a long time. I have two slices of bacon every morning with two farm eggs and an avocado. If I have bacon again that day, it's crumbles on a salad. This morning I had bacon and waffles cuz we ran out of eggs. Lunch, if not a salad made more of toppings than greens, is usually buffalo wings or some other meat. Sometimes I'll grab an Un-wich from Jimmy Johns or Whopper with cheese, bacon and jalapenos and slip it off the bun. In a pinch, I'll get a slice of Hunt's Brother's pizza and slide the topping off the crust. Whatever I eat, lots of water is consumed so I'll always get full. I don't get "hungry" very often. I get a little sluggish and that tells me I'm running low on fuel. Soon after a meal, I'm ready to get back at it. I'm very sedentary with my job since most of my time is spent driving a van a few hours at a time then being rather stationary at a job site as I work on the equipment. Being more active would've made the weight loss quicker. Speaking of that, ketosis is not solely to lose weight. Weight loss is a side benefit to your body recovering and getting back to where it should be had you not spent years filling it with all the convenient shit you're surrounded by.

Man, you hit the nail on the head there! It hard to admit that I truly dont know what foods to eat. Id like to think that for the most part I eat healthy. My wife cooks "country" old fashion hearty meals. We have a garden and we eat from it every night. Its the days that we are split and busy that are the problem. Like you said, Im just reaching for that primal need to fill a hole and it often comes in a wrapper. My brother prepares his meals for the weak, I just cant get into the swing of that. Im going to the track every day but I honestly lose more calories working around the house and yard.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this wandered off topic...any update on the module? Is it still working?

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Back to the TPMS Delete box... Its still working. I've been driving around town daily without any problems at all. Keep in mind that I have removed the internal battery and it is hard wired to the vehicles power supply. The internal rechargeable battery seems to serve no purpose but to aid you in wireless setup until you plug it in to a usb cable for daily use as the instructions imply. My unit is wired to ACC power so its only receiving power when the vehicle is on. Every time the vehicle is started the TPMS unit goes through a boot-up process and then begins to broadcast its signal in what ever intervals its programmed to do so. Boot-up seems to take an average of 2 minutes and Im usually well into my drive by then. The unit is completely unresponsive while in boot-up mode, meaning that the pairing button will do nothing until its done booting up. While in pairing mode, waiting about 10-15 seconds between button presses is needed for each "tire". The vehicles computer will not take a TPMS signal in rapid succession while in learning mode, it seems to have a 10-15 second interval (window) in which it will accept the "next" tire tpms signal honking the horn after each successful pair. When all 4 tires are paired, the horn honks twice just as it would if you were manually letting air out of each tire in learn mode.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, Back to the TPMS Delete box... Its still working. I've been driving around town daily without any problems at all. Keep in mind that I have removed the internal battery and it is hard wired to the vehicles power supply. The internal rechargeable battery seems to serve no purpose but to aid you in wireless setup until you plug it in to a usb cable for daily use as the instructions imply. My unit is wired to ACC power so its only receiving power when the vehicle is on. Every time the vehicle is started the TPMS unit goes through a boot-up process and then begins to broadcast its signal in what ever intervals its programmed to do so. Boot-up seems to take an average of 2 minutes and Im usually well into my drive by then. The unit is completely unresponsive while in boot-up mode, meaning that the pairing button will do nothing until its done booting up. While in pairing mode, waiting about 10-15 seconds between button presses is needed for each "tire". The vehicles computer will not take a TPMS signal in rapid succession while in learning mode, it seems to have a 10-15 second interval (window) in which it will accept the "next" tire tpms signal honking the horn after each successful pair. When all 4 tires are paired, the horn honks twice just as it would if you were manually letting air out of each tire in learn mode.
Do you have to pair it every time the vehicle starts or just do it once like with the actual sensors and then forget about it? I'm confused. I was hoping it was a set-it-and-forget-it thing.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have to pair it every time the vehicle starts or just do it once like with the actual sensors and then forget about it? I'm confused. I was hoping it was a set-it-and-forget-it thing.

Its a set-it-and-forget-it thing. It would be useless junk otherwise lol.

I've paired it many times though so I figured Id share my experiences in pairing the unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh