Antennas sticking outa my tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying that won't work... obviously it's no further away than the front tires... I just figured having it mounted close to the receiver would improve reception.

Thats what I was trying to do by mounting it close to the BCM. I thought the TPMS module was up under the dash.....dammit
I plan on putting a sub in that panel back there..maybe ill move it if it dosnt work this time..

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TPMS receiver is in the drivers rear quarter panel area... I mentioned this in an earlier post... no where near the transmission tunnel... just FYI

Ive been searching for an hour or so and CAN NOT confirm the location. AHHHHHGG! You'd think something so simple would be easy to find...

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they suggest shaking ("shacking") the unit? Does it go to sleep and requires movement to trigger inertia switches like the stock pressure sensors do? If so, maybe it's location doesn't get enough vibrations to keep it turned on. I don't see why they'd incorporate a sleep mode when it can be powered by the vehicle's power and be on or off with the key.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they suggest shaking ("shacking") the unit? Does it go to sleep and requires movement to trigger inertia switches like the stock pressure sensors do? If so, maybe it's location doesn't get enough vibrations to keep it turned on. I don't see why they'd incorporate a sleep mode when it can be powered by the vehicle's power and be on or off with the key.

Yes, according to the seller it has an accelerometer in it. Like you said, dont know why. I took the battery out of mine and it is powered on when I turn on the key. The unit goes through a booting up process with a fast flickering blue light that eventually settles down to a steady flashing. I did notice while futzing with it on my desk the blue light would go out altogether but would come back on if I even breathed on it. Very sensitive. The only reason I think they may have designed it that way is for vehicles with constant power to the cigarette outlets. It keeps the unit from transmitting a signal while parked?

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He
ll I didn’t even know what the hell they were saying by “shacking” the unit until now! I thought they meant to shackle it to something electrically! Oh crap I feel so stupid right now lmao!

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He

ll I didn’t even know what the hell they were saying by “shacking” the unit until now! I thought they meant to shackle it to something electrically! Oh crap I feel so stupid right now lmao!

Yeah, could be spell check but I have a feeling that Im talking to someone who's English is not so good..
f9c7cdfd-bbee-4f42-bafa-06ccb8424d62.jpg

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100 miles today after the permanent install of the black box. Not a single problem! No lights, no messages! If the receiver is indeed back by the rear drivers side fender well, maybe when had the box on the transmission hump it couldn't get a signal back there because my fat a$$ was in the way lol.