Airaid 200-996 Modular Intake Tube ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice that a lot of guys buy a Airaid intake tube only to remove and sell it why is that? I just bought one on eBay and noy I'm wondering if this was a good decision.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice that a lot of guys buy a Airaid intake tube only to remove and sell it why is that? I just bought one on eBay and noy I'm wondering if this was a good decision.

When I've seen 'em for sale, it was cuz they were returning their truck to stock to sell/trade in. If you like hearing a healthier growl when you're on the throttle and the appearance of the tube when looking under the hood, it can't be a bad decision. Supposedly, dyno tests show a ~7HP gain in upper RPM. Nothing you'd feel, but definitely not a loss.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a used one because it was 'too loud' for a tahoe being considered a luxury SUV. It certainly does make the motor sound cool, mines a little extra healthy with the cam and DoD support, my wife isnt always used to it, so when its feeling good and i get on it she always makes the comment of 'oh my' from the sound haha

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I love the owners that deal with cheap buyers or dealer trade in’s by replacing everything back to stock and selling the aftermarket goodies in forums or eBay. There’s no reason for an undeserving, non-enthusiast to have a CAI, BBK or uprated sway bars.

Plus they get 70-80% of their dough back almost like they rented the aftermarket stuff until they sold it. I know I’m certainly on the receiving end of some pretty exotic parts on my other vehicles because of those cool owner / enthusiasts.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those who don't know that they're missing out by worshiping OE to the exclusion of any aftermarket solution, are often inadvertently helpful to more open-minded enthusiasts who are actually willing to improve things.
There’s no reason for an undeserving, non-enthusiast to have a CAI, BBK or uprated sway bars.
Hear, here.
Plus they get 70-80% of their dough back almost like they rented the aftermarket stuff until they sold it.
To go a lil bit further:
lease a high-performance vehicle (RST?)
add aftermarket performance parts to taste
before lease is up, sell off used aftermarket parts and revert car back to OE spec
return leased car

Sounds like a clever long-term strategy for getting one's jollies without getting stuck with the car once bored of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10