Air conditioner issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So mods I didn’t know where to post so I put it in “General “ discussion. Please move if needed.

So I have my 2011 Chevy Tahoe and it works good. However the air conditioner cuts out sometimes like once every two weeks or so. It’s a great aircon and Chevy dealer looked it over for any issues. Non found. It still doesn’t go on sometimes. Like today I could get the back fan working but no air in front. As I drove to run errands it kicked in and works like a champ. Please you all are great folks on this forum would love some feedback.

Thank you.

Ken

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you be more specific about what’s not working?
Simply put there are rare times. That the fan to the air conditioning does not turn on. The lights to the panel work. You can hear the air conditioning pump on but the fan won’t pump air. There was a time the air was on and the air conditioning was on but no cool air. Hope that helps. It eventually corrects itself and it works now. Just wonder what’s going on.

Thank you

Ken

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There was a time the air was on and the air conditioning was on but no cool air.
This is the phrase that is confusing to me. When you say, "the air was on", do you mean the blower? If the air/blower was on and blowing and the "air conditioning was on", instead of heat, that points to an actuator, to me.

It sounds like you are saying two things at times. Intermittently, the a/c is turned on and your compressor clutch is engaged, and at times, the blower is on but nothing is coming out or at times, the blower is not blowing out.

Saying the air was on and the air conditioning was on, can be confusing, at least to me.

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the phrase that is confusing to me. When you say, "the air was on", do you mean the blower? If the air/blower was on and blowing and the "air conditioning was on", instead of heat, that points to an actuator, to me.

It sounds like you are saying two things at times. Intermittently, the a/c is turned on and your compressor clutch is engaged, and at times, the blower is on but nothing is coming out or at times, the blower is not blowing out.

Saying the air was on and the air conditioning was on, can be confusing, at least to me.
Yes true. My apologies. What you explained mid paragraph is correct. Sounds like you and others have it figured out and when the times comes to replace parts I’ll be that father ahead.

Thank you.

Respectfully.

Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz