AFM delete / Tuner for 2011 Yukon Denali 6.2 Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnniev57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Posted in the wrong year forum. Reposting here.....

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I think I would be OK with just turning off the AFM, but if it's $200 for just that and for $265 I can get a tuner then I would prefer the tuner for the octane I run, tire monitor, performance tuning, trans tuning, rev limiter, top speed adjust, etc....

I guess yeah, I normally run 87 octane so tuning it/adjusting it for that would be nice to have too.

I thought I seen the "range" for $200 and only does the AFM delete.

Hypertech 3300 does all of these??
Performance tuning
Transmission tuning
Top speed adjustment
Rev limiter adjustment
Speedometer correction
Fuel management
Tire pressure monitoring system
Return back to factory settings
Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
Internet updatable

for $264. (on carid.com)

Does that sound right?
(or do I need the 3000 or 3050 for $476)
carid.com shows exact same for all 3 kinds......

Please point me in the right direction - not looking for the cheapest, but hoping if I went with a tuner it would be $400 or under...

Thank you for any help!!!!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
First off, if you are running 87 octane in a 6.2l you are leaving alot of performance on the table due to the knock sensors retarding the timing to compensate for the predetonation caused by the high compression engine running on low octane fuel and also risking potential damage to the engine.

Secondarily, a Diablo sport tuner is a feasible option for your price range and is able to do all the things you mentioned except the TPMS.

You didn't mention what you wanted to do with the TPMS but I don't believe there are any tuners available to program that out or turn it off, although with a Tech2 you can change the pressures it looks for. There is also a stand alone module that can disable the message on the dash.

The best option, although more expensive, is probably getting a Black Bear Performance tune. They are a vendor here on the forum and highly recommended and all their tunes come with lifetime updates for free.

Jbar06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2013 lt tahoe looking to see if a tune would be better on the long run then jus deleting the AFM

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI the Diablosport will do nothing for the transmission except let
you change the top speed limiter
But it is a great tool to monitor all of your engine parameters, just Nothing
in the transmission department

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would spend a little more and get a full tune. If you have a good local tuner, you can probably get a custom tune for $500. Blackbear would be the next recommendation. And you really need to run premium fuel. Mine spark knocked at times with premium even before I did the cam upgrade so I don't see how 87 is good for the engine at all.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
FYI the Diablosport will do nothing for the transmission except let
you change the top speed limiter
But it is a great tool to monitor all of your engine parameters, just Nothing
in the transmission department

How did you come to this conclusion?

The Diablo tuner allows for line pressures to be adjusted, shift points altered, torque management reduction, torque converter lock up, etc.

At least it does on my '08 with the 4L60E.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted in the wrong year forum. Reposting here.....

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I think I would be OK with just turning off the AFM, but if it's $200 for just that and for $265 I can get a tuner then I would prefer the tuner for the octane I run, tire monitor, performance tuning, trans tuning, rev limiter, top speed adjust, etc....

I guess yeah, I normally run 87 octane so tuning it/adjusting it for that would be nice to have too.

I thought I seen the "range" for $200 and only does the AFM delete.

Hypertech 3300 does all of these??
Performance tuning
Transmission tuning
Top speed adjustment
Rev limiter adjustment
Speedometer correction
Fuel management
Tire pressure monitoring system
Return back to factory settings
Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
Internet updatable

for $264. (on carid.com)

Does that sound right?
(or do I need the 3000 or 3050 for $476)
carid.com shows exact same for all 3 kinds......

Please point me in the right direction - not looking for the cheapest, but hoping if I went with a tuner it would be $400 or under...

Thank you for any help!!!!

Johnnie, If you're insistent on running 87 in a high compression performance motor I would save for new pistons if I were you. Get a BlackBear tune and have them detune your engine to run properly on 87. One of the greatest benefits in my opinion with the BlackBear tune is in how the transmission performs afterwards, night and day difference and more pleasurable to drive.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^x2^^^^ on the transmission performance improvement, resulting from a BBP tune.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you come to this conclusion?

The Diablo tuner allows for line pressures to be adjusted, shift points altered, torque management reduction, torque converter lock up, etc.

At least it does on my '08 with the 4L60E.

I didn't see what year you have in your signature.. The 6L80E is NOT supported with those parameters by the diablosport tuner

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the OP Johnny has not responded as of yet. His sig did not show what year to direct him/her properly..
Post from May 12
I'd consider this a DEAD THREAD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212