Adjustable trailing arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
This doesn't seem to be a common mod here, and I'm not sure why. When I was shopping for my Spohn panhard bar, I found that they sell an entire kit of upper and lower trailing arms, so I pulled the trigger.

Should be installing them this weekend. Anyone have any advice as to setting them with a 4/5 drop?

Grady_Wilson

Reaction score
When you install any adjustable trailing arms you should have a pinion angle gauge handy so you can set the pinion angle correctly.
I'm not sure that the correct angle is for this platform but that should be fairly easy to find out.

But, if you pinion angle is pretty good as is, with your drop, I would just adjust the new arms so they are very close to the lengths of your current trailing arms.
If your angle is way off, then adjust them to what should improve the angle before you install them.
And, make sure that both sides are as close as possible to being the same length after the adjustments.
You don't want to skew the overall angle of your rear axle in relation to the front.

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my install experience on a +1" lift. Didn't adjust the pinion angle, but you need to crank the junk out of the del-sphere ends, they make all kinds of movements and clunks from the factory once you get weight on them. I discuss it in the thread. I also knurled the spacers.

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I am 2 years and about 25,000 mi in and getting clunks again. Not sure if I need to re-crank the del-spheres or if they are worn out, but either requires pulling the arms to do it. Its a maintenance aspect to consider with these.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
@KidWgn were your parts delivered yet? Did you order the tool to tighten the Del Spheres as well, you will need that.
I finally got around to tightening my DelSphere bushings. HOLY CRAP. I got almost a full turn out of each one. I'm amazed at how much more planted the rear end feels, and how much less noise it makes now!

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often do you think the DelSphere bushings need to be checked and tightened? As a regular maintenance item. Also are you guys adding any additional lubricant to these bushings?

My only experience with rear Spohn arms on this platform has been with the poly bushings and I’ve been pretty happy with their added stability.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
How often do you think the DelSphere bushings need to be checked and tightened? As a regular maintenance item. Also are you guys adding any additional lubricant to these bushings?

My only experience with rear Spohn arms on this platform has been with the poly bushings and I’ve been pretty happy with their added stability.
So, their instructions state that they come pre-packed full of lube. I'll likely check them at around 30k miles, and reach out to SPOHN on what their recommended lubricant is.

As far as tightening them goes, I'll likely check that every 10k miles, or when I hear a noise. There's a set screw that holds the adjustable collar in place, so they should never loosen themselves, but they will of course "wear".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019