Adjustable Panhard bar hits aftermarket dif cover with 3-4" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

76Nick

Reaction score
Ok so here is my dilemma. I put a 3" lift on my 03 Tahoe Z71 which has an aftermarket dif cover. My passenger side wheel sticks out more so I got an adjustable Panhard bar (not a Spohn) however it hits the aluminum dif cover pretty bad so I am afraid if I use it the first good bump I go over will crack my cover and bye bye gear oil and dif. Someone on here told me to get fabtech track bar drop brackets however I can't find them anywhere for a 00-06 GM suv. I can't see that a Spohn bar would be any different than the bar I have as they operate and look the same. Any ideas on how to correct this? I am going to be doing a 4 inch lift so I fear it will get worse and need to find a solution. Thanks!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so here is my dilemma. I put a 3" lift on my 03 Tahoe Z71 which has an aftermarket dif cover. My passenger side wheel sticks out more so I got an adjustable Panhard bar (not a Spohn) however it hits the aluminum dif cover pretty bad so I am afraid if I use it the first good bump I go over will crack my cover and bye bye gear oil and dif. Someone on here told me to get fabtech track bar drop brackets however I can't find them anywhere for a 00-06 GM suv. I can't see that a Spohn bar would be any different than the bar I have as they operate and look the same. Any ideas on how to correct this? I am going to be doing a 4 inch lift so I fear it will get worse and need to find a solution. Thanks!
I could be wrong depending on the design of the bracket they use for the 07-14 but the 00-06 are designed the same, so theoretically it should work

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
I could be wrong depending on the design of the bracket they use for the 07-14 but the 00-06 are designed the same, so theoretically it should work
Are you talking about the fabtech track bar bracket?

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
YES
The gmt800/900 oem panhard are the same so I see no reason why the bracket wouldn't work as well
Yeah I can't seem to find one for a 900 either. I have an email out to fabtech. Hopefully they respond tomorrow, otherwise I'll have to make one myself I guess.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can't seem to find one for a 900 either. I have an email out to fabtech. Hopefully they respond tomorrow, otherwise I'll have to make one myself I guess.
shows it is part of there lift kit, they may or may not offer it separate

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would a drop bracket make any difference? Seems like the issue is your diff cover sticking out too far with the larger aftermarket panhard, so moving the panhard up/down won't help - it needs to move in/out to gain clearance. Correct?

If that's the case then there are a couple options. One is to cut and space out the axle side mount a bit. Requires welding. Another is to take your panhard to an exhaust shop and have them put a little kick out in the middle of it to gain the clearance you need. Third option, you may not be fond of, but to just take a flap disc on a grinder and clearance your diff cover a bit. Probably the route I'd take if it only needed a little, but again not for everybody.

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
I may end up doing that. A small section of 2 of 2 of the fins already have a nice gouge in them from the track bar. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't lift kits come with a bracket that just lifts the track bar some at the axle? Unfortunately my rear lift wasn't part of my kit so I don't have that.

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
Ok so I reached out to Spohn and they actually make an adjustable an panhard bar that has a bump out on it to clear aftermarket dif covers. They gave me a part number and said I have to call to order it. It's about $100 more than the straight one so worth it to me to save myself the time fabricating something. I'll just have to sell my straight bar.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
The 07-18 panhard bar brackets from pro comp fabtech or rough country will work on the 99-06 rears same goes for the trailing arms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts