accident damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't tell comparing them to the fenders. The fenders taper in towards the front which will make the wheels appear toed out. Their shape also make the wheels look cambered when viewed from the front. Anyone with a good alignment would get the same impression if they looked at theirs from the same angles you're referencing.

That looked like too light of a hit to do any serious damage. The steering wheel being off afterward indicates something or a few things are damaged. It could be a simple bent lower control arm. Judging by the angle of incidence, I'd say that righthand lower control arm is bent backward a little. Maybe a bent tie rod end. The force could have damaged the rack, too. A difference too small to see can still make a huge difference. The only way to know is to have it looked over by a professional with an alignment rack, like at a collision repair center where they can measure the reference points of the frame and suspension components. If you wanna eyeball something out of boredom, compare the front wheels' fore and aft location in their respective fender openings.
my wheel was turned to the right(maybe 15 degrees as i backed in) when it got hit, there was contact made to the tire sidewall and rim .. that is why in the video you can hear two impacts one at the bumper and a second time at the tire/rim

if anything the paint will cost $2,000 just for the bumper

as it's bigger then a Toyota corolla bumper which was 1,500$ (as it was correctly painted and done right and not a half a$$ed job )

I think it's totaled out :oops: for anything else added on.. the dealer quoted from $1500 to 5000 on the suspension work alone..

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my wheel was turned to the right(maybe 15 degrees as i backed in) when it got hit, there was contact made to the tire sidewall and rim .. that is why in the video you can hear two impacts one at the bumper and a second time at the tire/rim

if anything the paint will cost $2,000 just for the bumper

as it's bigger then a Toyota corolla bumper which was 1,500$ (as it was correctly painted and done right and not a half a$$ed job )

I think it's totaled out :oops: for anything else added on.. the dealer quoted from $1500 to 5000 on the suspension work alone..

I wasn't discounting the body damage. That's a given. By "serious damage", I meant bent frame, etc. If the wheel was turned outward so that she hit it at even some amount of head-on, then that would almost guarantee the control arm(s) is/are bent backward a little and probably bent tie rod, possibly damaged rack. The Hybrid body parts and electric steering rack could very well total it.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't discounting the body damage. That's a given. By "serious damage", I meant bent frame, etc. If the wheel was turned outward so that she hit it at even some amount of head-on, then that would almost guarantee the control arm(s) is/are bent backward a little and probably bent tie rod, possibly damaged rack. The Hybrid body parts and electric steering rack could very well total it.
yeah the rack is 1600 just for the part ouch...

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i made a uninsured claim with my insurance were moving forward and enterprise responded already...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper