ABS Light/Parking Brake Light/HVAC Blower Motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tried looking but couldn't find this exact thread, although I know there are a lot of threads on the ABS light.
2004 Yukon SLE 5.3 2wd- 255,000 miles, owned since new and always properly maintained.
While driving on the freeway, all at once, the ABS and parking brake lights went on, AND the HVAC motors, front and back, all quit. The lights are constant, and the TC light would be intermittent but hasn't come back on in a week. My reader is not currently finding any ABS codes.
Would there be any reason that anyone knows about that all of these would happen at the same time? I changed all of the fuses and that didn't cure the issue, is there a relay that would control all of these? I get that after 16 years a speed sensor or hub may go bad, but the HVAC blowers quitting at the same exact moment has me hoping that it is something else easier than starting to replace motors, sensors, and modules.
Thank you for any information...

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All seem to point to electrical issue. Tons of them here start with checking battery and cables. The ground is generally the culprit. Even if they look clean scrub and reinstall.

OP
OP
R

rfried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
SOLVED!

After scrubbing and reinstalling all grounds did not fix the issue, I checked the ignition switch, which was the culprit. Don't know why I didn't think of that as one of the likely causes to begin with. Installed a new ignition switch and instantly the ABS and parking lights went off and the AC is blowing as normal.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Fantastic. I was leaning toward what Steven said and adding the ground strap connections all over that vehicle but the ignition switch is a great call and fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jr9688

Latest posts