Intermittent ABS light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

greg716

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's great info. I'm actually OK with the ABS disabled. I'd rather not have it honestly. But the light is annoying.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like super-high-tech stuff on vehicles, but when ABS could mean the difference between being able to stop in the shortest possible distance and potentially avoid a collision all together...
I would not go without ABS.

I have driven plenty of vehicles that never had ABS to begin with and it can be sketchy as heck! I like my Tahoe a lot. I like avoiding injury (or worse) even more.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been having intermittent ABS engagement while braking until car is warmed up last 2 months. Yesterday the ABS light briefly came on. I guess I should start with a new sensor I suppose.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that Masshoe04 and rockola1971 are on the right track.

I had the same, it began with ABS in narrow turns, then my traction control was activated sometimes. And soon I had cracking noises from my wheels.

There were no error codes stored, because the ABS think that this is a normal job. Error codes a only stored if a sensor, for example is not available or the self-test of the control unit fails.

The sensors are included in the wheel bearing hubs and they die around 200,000 miles.

When the problem started with my ABS activating from time to time, I had the car on a lift and wobbled the tire. I didn't feel any play. Later when the cracking noise came, I had clear play.

After i change the wheel bearing hubs, the problem with the traction control and the ABS was gone.

When you order them you have be aware that there is a version for 4WD and a version for rear wheel drive vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep