616 miles on the odometer and our new 2021 Tahoe LT won't start!!!! P1029 error code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WEEK #3 UPDATE----- Today the dealer emailed me and said GM had notified them that a new fuel pump control module would be shipped out on November 6th. I assume it will arrive sometime next week. My wife and I will have a choice to make because November 10th is the 30 day mark for Michigan's lemon law. If the vehicle is still out of service GM will have to purchase the vehicle back from us. I instructed our dealer to see what incentives GM will offer to keep us from taking advantage of the lemon law. I requested an extended warranty. We will see what they come up with if they don't make the deadline.

PauliePucks

Reaction score
If it was me, I would get out of it. I've experienced many issues from day one. I don't see things improving.

More TSBs every week.
https://www.carcomplaints.com/GMC/Yukon/2021/tsbs/
Wow...that’s an insane amount of TSBs in 4.5 months! just reading another thread where guy had brake system recall service and the dealer bricked his computer! What the hell is going on at GM??????

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer Emailed today and said the part has not arrived yet. Sounds like GM is sending an entire fuel tank and everything in it and attached to it. Hopefully GM finds out what is causing these fuel control modules to fail or I will be right back in with it once a recall is issued.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WEEK 4 UPDATE--------- Well the dealer emailed Monday the 10th and stated the new fuel tank and fuel pump are in and being installed. The Fuel pump control module will be in later this week. We have now passed the 30 day out of service clause under Michigan's lemon law and can force GM to buy it back at any time. GM does not want us to do that and offered us one free monthly payment and a $500 voucher for GM accessories. We passed on that offer because we paid cash and did not finance our Tahoe. I hit them with a counter offer of them doubling the factory 3/36 warranty. So we will see what their response is. Having a 6 year warranty would be a good piece of mind. Our dealer has been great and we have been driving a 2021 loaner for close to 3 weeks. I will post an update once I hear back from the dealer.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WEEK 4 UPDATE--------- Well the dealer emailed Monday the 10th and stated the new fuel tank and fuel pump are in and being installed. The Fuel pump control module will be in later this week. We have now passed the 30 day out of service clause under Michigan's lemon law and can force GM to buy it back at any time. GM does not want us to do that and offered us one free monthly payment and a $500 voucher for GM accessories. We passed on that offer because we paid cash and did not finance our Tahoe. I hit them with a counter offer of them doubling the factory 3/36 warranty. So we will see what their response is. Having a 6 year warranty would be a good piece of mind. Our dealer has been great and we have been driving a 2021 loaner for close to 3 weeks. I will post an update once I hear back from the dealer.

I like your plan and would have told them to pound sand with their first offer. I'm hoping to get some extra warranty as well. Will be visiting service again tomorrow for my 4th visit....

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
participation trophies & subpar vendors
:)
I hear ya. I would bet that fuel pump control module is built in China or Mexico by someone making a dollar an hour if that. GM needs to hold these vendors accountable. The pickups and large suvs are their big money makers. You would think they would want a quality product on the road. I will be buying a second large suv in 2022 to replace our Honda pilot. If GM does not ge their shit together it will most likely be the new Jeep Wagoneer made in Detroit.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped my truck off at service this morning. Service advisor admitted that they have seen many issues with our SUVs. She even said they had new Tahoe's that wouldn't start on the lot! I told her about your situation, but we didn't discuss an actual fix. I don't think she was an actual service advisor, just someone helping check me in.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped my truck off at service this morning. Service advisor admitted that they have seen many issues with our SUVs. She even said they had new Tahoe's that wouldn't start on the lot! I told her about your situation, but we didn't discuss an actual fix. I don't think she was an actual service advisor, just someone helping check me in.
My part came in today and should have it back tomorrow. No response yet from GM about my counter offer on the extended warranty. No rush. I have over 10 months to decide if I want GM to buy it back under the lemon law. I might wait until the diesel option hits the lot and take advantage of the lemon law and get into a diesel. With it being over 30 days I am in the driver seat now not GM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9