Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YukonGTmaster

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, just got done doing this as well.

Don’t forget the o-rings on the fuel lines at the firewall.. (I got that t-shirt)

Haha! Thanks for the heads up! I am going to hopefully get it all reassembled tomorrow.

OP
OP
YukonGTmaster

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it all back together. It fired up, and latched a P1345 code. I had a bad feeling about replacing the distributor while doing this job. I have to see if my buddies obd scanner will do the trick while running.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t have a good scanner, an OBD Bluetooth connector ($40-ish) and the apps DashCommand and CarGaugePro with the expanded PID purchase options will read the CMP/CKP offset.

Spec is zero degrees (plus or minus two) at 1,000-rpm. When close to zero, the left distributor cap screw will be nearly hitting the upper intake. Loosen the hold down clamp and twist the whole distributor, that may get you closer until you can read the value.

5be895c63af4da1ca5a97af6ee5dc820.jpg

OP
OP
YukonGTmaster

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t have a good scanner, an OBD Bluetooth connector ($40-ish) and the apps DashCommand and CarGaugePro with the expanded PID purchase options will read the CMP/CKP offset.

Spec is zero degrees (plus or minus two) at 1,000-rpm. When close to zero, the left distributor cap screw will be nearly hitting the upper intake. Loosen the hold down clamp and twist the whole distributor, that may get you closer until you can read the value.

5be895c63af4da1ca5a97af6ee5dc820.jpg
Thanks! I will turn the distributor counterclockwise like you said. I’m going to order a OBD2 Bluetooth scanner off Amazon. Should be here tomorrow. I cleared the code and the truck is running smooth, but every time I restart the engine it relatches the P1345.

OP
OP
YukonGTmaster

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pull the distributor back out. Set the engine to TDC. I looked at the old match marks I made on my old distributor. I took a long screwdriver and turned the oil pump drive to where the needed it to line up. The distributor dropped in and no codes. I ordered an OBDLink MX Bluetooth scanner to fine tune. It will be nice to see what my actual fuel mileage is after the MPFI Spider install. Thanks to everyone on the Forum, and the guys who document everything on YouTube.

Will. 1997 GMC Yukon GT. 415,000 Kms. Original Owner.

A245FF82-D8D6-4F09-AA0E-0161555CB05C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick