4l60e trans rebuilder ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the issue I got right now. My trans is gone. The d/2 doesn’t engage and the craziest noise when you drive slow in 2. I need a new trans fast and I believe I spoke to the guy in Miwaukee too. My truck is a daily driver is I can order it and it shopped faster would be much easier to manage. Can y’all give us a list of good reman transmission sources? The vin says I have this type. The locks choices are many and seemingly lower quality with no real warranties. I. Rather order one and have it shipped but not sure where to look. This truck is slightly lifted, has a Ram air intake, Hedman headers, carry’s a lot of equipment in it daily. Hard stop and go driving 80 percent of the time in New York City. Where should I look? I’ve read here and there jasper trans are decent they might have it in stock I think. Any reccomendations to order this? 04 tahoe LT with 5.3 engine. 170k miles. I believe the first owner lived in the suburbs. I got it with 90k miles.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the issue I got right now. My trans is gone. The d/2 doesn’t engage and the craziest noise when you drive slow in 2. I need a new trans fast and I believe I spoke to the guy in Miwaukee too. My truck is a daily driver is I can order it and it shopped faster would be much easier to manage. Can y’all give us a list of good reman transmission sources? The vin says I have this type. The locks choices are many and seemingly lower quality with no real warranties. I. Rather order one and have it shipped but not sure where to look. This truck is slightly lifted, has a Ram air intake, Hedman headers, carry’s a lot of equipment in it daily. Hard stop and go driving 80 percent of the time in New York City. Where should I look? I’ve read here and there jasper trans are decent they might have it in stock I think. Any reccomendations to order this? 04 tahoe LT with 5.3 engine. 170k miles. I believe the first owner lived in the suburbs. I got it with 90k miles.
In New York, Gary Ferraro is the man you want to see about transmissions. I've been following his Youtube videos for years and his guidance helped me rebuild a ZF 5HP24 on my bench. He's probably forgotten more about transmission overhauls done right than I'll ever know.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks imma give him a call but he’s actually kind of far from me even though it’s in New York. He’s two counties over and I don’t want to risk it I will call and ask him for an opinion maybe he can point me to a local reman place or something. At this point I just need to purchase something and have it on its way asap to get it fixed. I need to car for work and can manage for a short term but anything more than a few weeks is gonna strain me.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh, at the risk of being insensitive... They are likely to be unavailable for a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442