4l60e trans rebuilder ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I got mine at the dealer. Costs more but I have a 3 year warranty covering parts and labor at any dealer in the country. Being frequent travelers, that was important to me.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know some sources of quality online rebuilt transmissions? There are a ton and I’m interested for future reference.
Pretty sure the brand he used was Power Torque. Think its the same as Oriellys sells. He gave a unlimited mile and i think 5 year warranty parts and labor.
Ran me 3000 with tax out the door to be installed, oriellys website shows roughly 1800 for the unit. So lets say a day to change it out qt around $100/hr shop time im happy. It was February when it was done and the heated garage i use was full so it would have been an on the ground in the snow job.... no thanks lol.

Heckler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was quoted $1771 from Street Smart including tq convertor w/3 year warranty. Lot's of reviews but no personal experience in a GMT800 platform. The last rebuild I did personally was a th350 do might be rusty.

OP
OP
J

JDDiesel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Subscribing to this thread. I'm in Socal as well and will be having my trans gone thru in the near future. I haven't used them personally, yet but have heard good things about California Transmission. They have 2 or 3 locations in Socal. Speaking to them on the phone, they seemed to know their stuff and I'm leaning towards having them R&R my trans soon. Keep us posted if you go with them and how it goes, or if you come up with another trans shop in Socal.
I looked them up and only found in northern cal

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked them up and only found in northern cal
That appears to be California TransmissionS (plural). The one in Socal is California Transmission. I think they have 3 shops, East LA, Ontario, and San Marcos.

usaf27

Reaction score
For my 2006 Chevy, I just ordered a reman trans from reman-transmission. They didn’t have any built on hand. So they are having one built it as part of a new order. 10 days is the build time plus 7-14 days shipping. I asked them and they have them built in Milwaukee, WS. The only transmission builder I found there was called ETE transmission.

Hopefully this works out. I’ll let you all know when I swap it out at the end of this month.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've watched many of Richard's videos. I think he now only does vehicles that come in allowing him to remove and reinstall the rebuilt unit. He said other make too many mistakes during the reinstall. Good idea to have the vehicle shipped out there. Probably cheaper than driving it and using up hotel/food costs.

usaf27

Reaction score
For my 2006 Chevy, I just ordered a reman trans from reman-transmission. They didn’t have any built on hand. So they are having one built it as part of a new order. 10 days is the build time plus 7-14 days shipping. I asked them and they have them built in Milwaukee, WS. The only transmission builder I found there was called ETE transmission.

Hopefully this works out. I’ll let you all know when I swap it out at the end of this month.
Still waiting on the transmission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157