4l60e trans rebuilder ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDDiesel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy
I have an 02 tahoe that I need the trans rebilt 4l60e.
I'm in so cal and can't seem to find a good builder around here.
I have been watching that guy on youtube in texas. Looks like he do'es great work but a little far.
Any ideas would be great.
Thanks JD

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy
I have been watching that guy on youtube in texas. Looks like he do'es great work but a little far.
Thanks JD
What guy in Texas?

Winston Falkenly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does precision transmission sell already rebuilt 4l60s? I have a high mileage 01 Tahoe that my son drives currently (it's his first vehicle) and unfortunately, the transmission just went out. I need a fairly quick option that won't cost an arm and a leg but will still be reliable for another 100k miles or so. A close friend of mine used a company called reman transmission to get a replacement trans for his Jeep and said it was a good deal. I did some research and found this, https://reman-transmission.com/transmission-codes/?code=4L60-E. 1900$ sounds awful cheap for a remanufactured 4l60 and apparently, they ship free. Have you guys had any experience with them or heard anything about them? I'm a little wary of ordering expensive parts like this online

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Precision Transmission in Amarillo, Texas. Richard Crich.

If I get to plan my overhaul, that's where I'm going, would be a fun and memorable trip.
After watching his videos for the past year or so, I am convinced that he could rebuild my transmission in under an hour if he wanted to. If my transmission went out, I wouldn't even hesitate to pay someone to haul my tahoe out there so he could work on it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does precision transmission sell already rebuilt 4l60s? I have a high mileage 01 Tahoe that my son drives currently (it's his first vehicle) and unfortunately, the transmission just went out. I need a fairly quick option that won't cost an arm and a leg but will still be reliable for another 100k miles or so. A close friend of mine used a company called reman transmission to get a replacement trans for his Jeep and said it was a good deal. I did some research and found this, https://reman-transmission.com/transmission-codes/?code=4L60-E. 1900$ sounds awful cheap for a remanufactured 4l60 and apparently, they ship free. Have you guys had any experience with them or heard anything about them? I'm a little wary of ordering expensive parts like this online
No, they don't even like to do carry outs. Folks foul up the installation of the torque converter all too frequently and then he has to completely overhaul them again. I learned the hard way too my first time, busted the sprag in the pump on a TH350C when I was a kid.

I'm not familiar with that company, what do the reviews across the internet say? A 5 year unlimited mileage warranty is enticing to many. Still, I would want to read the testimonials.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy
Thanks JD
Subscribing to this thread. I'm in Socal as well and will be having my trans gone thru in the near future. I haven't used them personally, yet but have heard good things about California Transmission. They have 2 or 3 locations in Socal. Speaking to them on the phone, they seemed to know their stuff and I'm leaning towards having them R&R my trans soon. Keep us posted if you go with them and how it goes, or if you come up with another trans shop in Socal.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you are mechanically inclined, but you can save some cash by getting a reman and installing it yourself.

My reputable transmission guy doesnt fuss with 60es. He puts in a quality reman and sends it down the road with a warranty. He says for the price of quality parts to install then labor on top he cant rebuild one for the price he can buy one and install.
I trust him, hell the th350 in my nova has taken the abuse i dish to it and several other transmissions my family has had him do.

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you are mechanically inclined, but you can save some cash by getting a reman and installing it yourself.

My reputable transmission guy doesnt fuss with 60es. He puts in a quality reman and sends it down the road with a warranty. He says for the price of quality parts to install then labor on top he cant rebuild one for the price he can buy one and install.
I trust him, hell the th350 in my nova has taken the abuse i dish to it and several other transmissions my family has had him do.
Do you know some sources of quality online rebuilt transmissions? There are a ton and I’m interested for future reference.

Heckler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has any tried Street Smart for these? Some friends have had great success in other applications and I want to be ready when needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy