2ML70 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Knagawa350

Knagawa350

Reaction score
Alright so tested all the way through on a new neutral safety switch, it never gave me reverse lights, so it is a BCM issue. My scanner is not solid enough to figure it out, I’m sad to say she was towed to Chevy for a full diagnostic this morning. But by the weekend they will be able to tell me where I f****d up. Will relay their information as it comes.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hopefully they get you up and running without being to expensive

OP
OP
Knagawa350

Knagawa350

Reaction score
hopefully they get you up and running without being to expensive
Well they’re charging me 300 for diagnostic, and I’m sure it’s something stupid I forgot to plug something in or something. They’re also doing the airbag recall finally too, which I forgot about and was wondering what was taking multiple days, they had to order the replacement airbag.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh well while I'm sure that's annoying. it could be much much worse. I don't have much faith in dealers with this trucks. so that they were able to fix it without wanting to sell you tons of parts is a very good sign

OP
OP
Knagawa350

Knagawa350

Reaction score
ahh well while I'm sure that's annoying. it could be much much worse. I don't have much faith in dealers with this trucks. so that they were able to fix it without wanting to sell you tons of parts is a very good sign
They still haven’t told me what’s going on with it yet, but like I said I’m willing to bet money that I missed a step somewhere electrical. They are waiting to diagnose it for when the airbag arrives.

Towman1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have one ? Where did u find the o-rings that go into the drive motors? Have mine torn down now and the o-rings are past the point of using due to swelling

OP
OP
Knagawa350

Knagawa350

Reaction score
Have one ? Where did u find the o-rings that go into the drive motors? Have mine torn down now and the o-rings are past the point of using due to swelling
They have to be replaced no matter what the swelling is part creating the seal when the fluid get put in. EVERY PART is carried by SMC performance, I ordered everything from them for my rebuild. The o rings aren’t listed on the website you’ll have to call them:
(248) 276-0483

Better yet DM me I ordered 10 and only used 4. I can probably ship you some just as quick. I literally just ordered everything except electric drive motors new. And if you need help on reassembling, some shit is out of order if you’re following alldata I’ll give you my cell number

Last edited:

Towman1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks I’ll try calling in the morning if they don’t have them I’ll get ahold of you.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget if I asked already or not, in your research did you find any difference between years of trannys. I know they changed the aux fluid pump from 08,09 to 10. anything internal?

mines a 11 and there's a 09 caddy local that got crashed, looks clean I was going to contact them about picking up the tranny for a spare and maybe the gauge cluster, cause they look kinda wild.

any clue about the 2wd or 4wd being able to be swapped around by changing the tail shafts?

you're kinda then only one that's had hands on inside of one, at least this late in time. maybe some dealer techs did when new, but long gone info.

I just saw a youtube that popped up on my feed of a shop trying to fix one, and said they couldn't get trannys or parts. so the truck went to the junkyard. such a shame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts