Budget rebuild items?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered some new parts from BTR: valve springs, valve seals, crank bolt, lifter trays. Basically enough to get over the $200 threshold for free shipping.

Also talked to the local machine shop about services & rates. He's going to take my block, heads, pistons, crankshaft, and clean them all in the hot wash tank. He'll service the heads and install the new seals and valvesprings, hone the cylinder bores and install new cam bearings, install new piston rings, and polish the crank bearing journals for me. His initial estimate is $600 assuming everything goes as planned.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered some new parts from BTR: valve springs, valve seals, crank bolt, lifter trays. Basically enough to get over the $200 threshold for free shipping.

Also talked to the local machine shop about services & rates. He's going to take my block, heads, pistons, crankshaft, and clean them all in the hot wash tank. He'll service the heads and install the new seals and valvesprings, hone the cylinder bores and install new cam bearings, install new piston rings, and polish the crank bearing journals for me. His initial estimate is $600 assuming everything goes as planned.
That's a fair deal. Great to hear the progress!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan