24mm Ball Joint Separator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the same tool, but with no branding. The bolt ends up slipping off the end and butchering up the surface.
In Post #16, see the stud sticking down with the hole through it? We had to saw that off to get that tool to fit over it and finally get it to work. We were using the Harbor Freight one after two days of grinding on it with a Dremel Tool to make it fit.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@mhaywoodcz has the answer. The way I did it and with a pickle fork. I don't live in a rust state but did use penetrant ahead of time. The key is the jack under the nut/ball joint. Put the load on it with the jack pushing it up and a jarring action with the fork and it popped. Rust would make it more difficult but penetrant ahead of times, and several applications of it, should work fine because of the load put on it with the jack.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@mhaywoodcz has the answer. The way I did it and with a pickle fork. I don't live in a rust state but did use penetrant ahead of time. The key is the jack under the nut/ball joint. Put the load on it with the jack pushing it up and a jarring action with the fork and it popped. Rust would make it more difficult but penetrant ahead of times, and several applications of it, should work fine because of the load put on it with the jack.
I wrecked a couple pickle forks trying to get mine to pop.

Have you seen the Kittyhawk lately Ron? She's down in Brownsville behind cut up. There's a guy doing video updates with a drone every so often on youtube. Sad to see.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I wrecked a couple pickle forks trying to get mine to pop.

Have you seen the Kittyhawk lately Ron? She's down in Brownsville behind cut up. There's a guy doing video updates with a drone every so often on youtube. Sad to see.
Hey, the key to this is the ball joint nut being backed off and the jack under it all and lifting to where the weight of the vehicle is helping push the ball joint taper and the pickle fork coaxes it.

About the Kitty Hawk, Have not seen it since I got the letter from the US Government about what was going on with it. I was ship's company, so I got a letter. It said I was invited to Brownsville to see it come in to port. that salvage company bought the ship/carrier for $.01. No doubt they are cutting open many many many places I have been in and walked on. I will look up the drone stuff on you tube. My berthing compartment was just below the flight deck at the front/bow area where the steam catapults would slam in to the water to stop them, right after the launched jet was released. I learned to sleep through all of that. If you see the flight deck and look where the carrier number 63 is at the bow, that is where I slept, under there.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, so I went to the you tube video and here is a link from that:

All that white area up front where the flight deck has been cut away, is where they are stacking all the stuff they are tearing up under there and that looks like berthing compartment bunks. If it is bunks, one of those SOB's is mine.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't see a way to move a single post to another thread. Might just be my inexperience. ;)

You could replicate your post over there if you want.
I pretty much did. Thanks. I didn't want to get off the thread topic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts