2023 Yukon Denali 6.2L, Dead at 3600 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NoYukonYet_1Jeep
Reaction score
Picked her up from the dealer this morning. Had a nice little write up on our service ticket - engine appeared to be “starving for oil” - stuck out to me.
It was cylinders #5 & 6 piston rod bearings seized. Major internal engine failure.

Honestly never really occurred to me to check the dipstick on a brand new vehicle with 3600 miles on it, but who knows, maybe it was low on oil. Maybe a lesson for some other new Yukon owners out there.

As a side note GM did follow up and they are willing to offer a buyback option on this vehicle. Pretty much every person I’ve spoken to is telling me to get rid of it. With a 6-9 month wait still for new orders, I might float the idea of placing another order and then having GM buy this back when the next one arrives.

For now, she seems to be running well. Was happy to feel my 6.2L after driving the GMC terrain (1.5L) loaner the last 2.5 weeks.

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Glad you got it back. Please keep us posted on how it’s working from time to time. I’m on week three and according to GM no closer to a new engine than I was on week one.

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked her up from the dealer this morning. Had a nice little write up on our service ticket - engine appeared to be “starving for oil” - stuck out to me.
It was cylinders #5 & 6 piston rod bearings seized. Major internal engine failure.

Honestly never really occurred to me to check the dipstick on a brand new vehicle with 3600 miles on it, but who knows, maybe it was low on oil. Maybe a lesson for some other new Yukon owners out there.

As a side note GM did follow up and they are willing to offer a buyback option on this vehicle. Pretty much every person I’ve spoken to is telling me to get rid of it. With a 6-9 month wait still for new orders, I might float the idea of placing another order and then having GM buy this back when the next one arrives.

For now, she seems to be running well. Was happy to feel my 6.2L after driving the GMC terrain (1.5L) loaner the last 2.5 weeks.

Any willingness from GM to offer a complimentary extended warranty on it? Your experience sounds incredibly frustrating. Usually V8 engines are a bright spot for GM products, from a quality perspective.

OP
OP
NoYukonYet_1Jeep
Reaction score
Any willingness from GM to offer a complimentary extended warranty on it? Your experience sounds incredibly frustrating. Usually V8 engines are a bright spot for GM products, from a quality perspective.
I think we are going to take the buyback on this vehicle . No mention of extended warranties but i did read a post about someone being awarded GM points and could in turn use those to “purchase” extended warranties

OP
OP
NoYukonYet_1Jeep
Reaction score
Update . I’ve driven the car for 3 days with very uneasy idling. Noticed some stuttering as well when on the gas pedal. Most recently the check engine light started flashing( 1 hour ago) so back to the dealership we go. Picking up the loaner .. again.

quick google for flashing check engine says engine misfire which sounds accurate. It was idling rough and all over the place under 1000 rpm’s. Could feel the engine rocking a bit.

The fun continues ..

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we are going to take the buyback on this vehicle . No mention of extended warranties but i did read a post about someone being awarded GM points and could in turn use those to “purchase” extended warranties
That exactly what I would do I would always be waiting for the next problem and when out of warranty could get $$$$$.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do and buy a 12-14.
Why? Tons of issues. Tbh all generations have widespread problems. The latest ones are actually solid. Just look at the forum traffic.

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Why? Tons of issues. Tbh all generations have widespread problems. The latest ones are actually solid. Just look at the forum traffic.
I agree with 91RS on this. GMT-800s and GMT-900s aren’t rolling computer networks. Not sure what the heck is wrong with NoYukonYet_1Jeep’s new engine but it’s really uninspiring. Tomorrow I’m past three weeks waiting on ANY answer on my new engine. Im seriously ready to pull the plug on this whole thing. Only reason I’m hanging on is the loaner buys me time.