2023 Yukon Denali 6.2L, Dead at 3600 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Picked up our truck (finally) after a 9 month wait on the custom order -January 9th. 2023 Yukon Denali with 6.2L. Logged some good mileage, really enjoying the vehicle and all it has to offer. 3600 miles later and exactly 1 month to the day on Feb 9th -

Driving home 1 block from my house, engine shuts off, car goes into neutral and that’s it. I rolled up the hill and pulled over to the curb. Both Kids asleep in the back on an 80° day. Battery good. Car wouldn’t turn over at all. First flatbed couldn’t get us because the car was locked in park and didn't want to damage drivetrain. (3pm) Service dept at the local dealer knew no way of manually unlocking the transmission / getting the car out of “park”.

Fast forward six hours later (9pm) via GM roadside assistance, second truck arrives with correct dolly equipment, all four wheels off the ground and away we go. Cars currently sitting at the dealer with no status updates (after 1 full day) other than potential serious internal engine issues.

What bugs me is zero warning lights, zero signs of issues, really zero anything to clue me in that my vehicle is about to fully fail. With all the tech available, I’m just dead in the water on the side of the road with two sleeping kids in back .. luckily my brother in law came to the rescue in his Tesla.

My first GM Vehicle and really a pretty awful experience. Had high hopes for the 6.2L and all of the great tech this Yukon had to offer. More to come here
43D69F61-8B19-4A01-8722-8AEB48037A1B.jpeg879D34D7-26C9-49EF-A844-3C26783C837F.jpeg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have a rental soon and an answer as to what happened on Monday or Tuesday.

Something similar happened to our new car once though I was alone. Took the dealer a month to find it, a bent pin on the connector to the computer. I enjoyed putting the miles on the rental car while waiting.

OP
OP
NoYukonYet_1Jeep
Reaction score
did you just rent on your own and await reimbursement? Seems like GM will offer $25 / day. And my auto policy will give us another $31 / day. Not getting a Yukon rental anywhere these days for $56 / day..

This dealer only has 7 loaners and none are currently available

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think somebody else recently on this board posted a similair thing. also brand new. it will be fixed i’m sure. possibly fuel pump.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a total bummer. Sorry to hear that. Gotta love corporate greed and cost cutting!! I'd let it play out and then start going after things like extended warranty etc. If it gets really ridiculous, then I'd ask GM to take their paperweight back.

I've been a loyal GM guy for 30 years, but what you get nowadays for the exorbitant cost and all the issues makes me want to consider a different brand when the time comes. I hope they monitor sites like this because it's almost laughable at this point how many super expensive rigs have died.

Keep us posted

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot's of similar stories on here... I would have thought/hoped quality would improve since June 2020 when I purchased my first 2021 Yukon. I've been waiting 2 weeks for a stupid washer fluid pump. A part, which I would think is part of every GM Vehicle and easily acquired.

Wife and I went looking for another vehicle for her yesterday and I think we're set on the "tried and true" dinosaur Lexus GX 460. It's still made in Japan and drivetrain is old school. The older I get; the less problems I want to deal with, so GM products will likely be off our list of vehicle purchases. At least having one vehicle we don't have to worry about....

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
give it some time. To early to tell. Don't worry once you have your yukon back you will be rescuing your brother in law in his tesla in short order so no worries there.

No codes probably a fuel issue. Good luck!

OP
OP
NoYukonYet_1Jeep
Reaction score
I came here to spread word and I do know that GM monitors forums like these.

I really hope this is not something common at all - and I fully understand people don’t always come to forums to spread all their happy experiences, but this one was quite ridiculous.

Appreciate the suggestions. I will definitely look into negotiating an extended warranty or see what GM will offer as compensation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011