2023 Yukon Denali - 1700 miles failed engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtfry4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All,

This is my first ever GM vehicle. I'm reeling with the news that my 6-week-old SUV has a special TAC service request attached to a lifter failure in piston 7. The tech is now saying it might need a full engine replacement. I'm going to go deep into these forum's, but was wondering if anyone one reading has advice for me. The dealership says no lemon law until they try to repair it three times.

Just unreal.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lifter failure is known for the latest gen gas GM gas engines due to a faulty batch of components from the manufacturer of the lifters. Im guessing that your engine was assembled before your vehicle and had a set of those bad lifters. Lemon law may apply to you, based on how long it takes to get the correct parts to address the issue or an entire engine if they go that route, and your states lemon laws. If it’s out of service for a specific number of days within the first 90 days of ownership of the vehicle, lemon law may apply, but again that will depend on your states laws. While I agree it absolutely sucks for a brand new vehicle to need a new engine, especially one at this price point, allow your dealer the opportunity to make it right. If they can get it fixed right and back on the road you’ll enjoy many miles out of a comfortable rig like these.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you called the dealership to see of they have any update on what happened and what they are going to do to repair\replace the engine? Be polite and courteous and that can go a long way into them working with you and being open about what is going on. Its possible they are waiting on parts. Ive been waiting 2 months for a BCM module on the radio side of my rig that causes a check engine light (and no compass on dash either). They said when they first diagnosed it that the part will come in "sometime" due to strike at the time. They also said they waited for 4 months for a part to come in to fix a ford vehicle, so not just gm parts are slow.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the dealer have you in a loaner?
Finding alternate transportation for the time it takes to R&R the engine: that would be tough!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo