2022 Yukon Denali Order Status

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sotrulylovely

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Buick GMC in Beaverton. The guys name is Maurice. I can send you his info if you want. What type are you looking for? We wanted a Yukon xl Denali diesel (aka: unicorn). Well if you have a deposit down and it is built that is HUGE!!!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buick GMC in Beaverton. The guys name is Maurice. I can send you his info if you want. What type are you looking for? We wanted a Yukon xl Denali diesel (aka: unicorn). Well if you have a deposit down and it is built that is HUGE!!!
There's another forum member here @Steebu that has been trying to place an order for a Yukon Denali diesel at GMC Beaverton and it keeps hitting a wall when they try to place the order. I think he's going to hold out until the 2023 models. It's interesting that you say they don't accept orders... I know they are the largest GMC dealer in the PDX area and owned by the Lithia group, so they can move a lot of volume.

As far as my family, we placed an order at the end of March with Robideaux Motors in Idaho. They offered supplier pricing. It might take longer than if we had tried to go through GMC Beaverton, but the savings is worth it to us.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beaverton GMC said they had to change the way they do business due to the current supply chain issues, and it sounds like if something is on constraint they don't even bother to submit the order. As @StephenPT noted, they are owned by Lithia and move the most vehicles in the PacNW, so my guess is if an order is "good" (nothing on constraint) they submit the order and it gets accepted right away. Unfortunately, my vehicle wasn't aything special (or so I thought), but literally one thing after another was on constraint so I just canned the order and told them I'd wait for a '23.

Just a guess ... but given the Denali Ultimate is coming in the Fall, it sure would look bad if GM was like, "DENALI ULTIMATE! SUPER-CRUISE! MASSAGE CHAIRS! IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!!! *small print* super-cruise, massage chairs, front/rear park assist, center console, 2nd row captain's chairs, heated steering wheel, 4-way lumbar, Bose speaker system, Tech Package, Max Tow, Adaptive Air Ride Suspension, and folding side mirrors all on constraint and will be $50 credits to be retrofitted later*

Just a slightly funny way of saying I'm guessing (and hoping!) that the initial batch of '23's will be fully-equipped with no retro-fits needed.

Sotrulylovely

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There's another forum member here @Steebu that has been trying to place an order for a Yukon Denali diesel at GMC Beaverton and it keeps hitting a wall when they try to place the order. I think he's going to hold out until the 2023 models. It's interesting that you say they don't accept orders... I know they are the largest GMC dealer in the PDX area and owned by the Lithia group, so they can move a lot of volume.

As far as my family, we placed an order at the end of March with Robideaux Motors in Idaho. They offered supplier pricing. It might take longer than if we had tried to go through GMC Beaverton, but the savings is worth it to us.
Oh that js amazing fkr you!! We are still trying to get our order through Dave smith (they claim to be the largest in the Nw) and let’s just say we will never go through them ever again. Regarding Beaverton Buick GMC – I called a year ago trying to place an order and they said it just got too complicated because things were always on constraint. So they just now place whatever they can get and they are always sold before they ever hit the lot

OP
OP
A

Athenagmc

Reaction score
My vehicle went to Midlothian from the Arlington plant on 04/13 and the dealership hasn’t heard anything. Did you at least get your VIN?
Any movement on yours? Still nothing for me.

OP
OP
A

Athenagmc

Reaction score
Beaverton GMC said they had to change the way they do business due to the current supply chain issues, and it sounds like if something is on constraint they don't even bother to submit the order. As @StephenPT noted, they are owned by Lithia and move the most vehicles in the PacNW, so my guess is if an order is "good" (nothing on constraint) they submit the order and it gets accepted right away. Unfortunately, my vehicle wasn't aything special (or so I thought), but literally one thing after another was on constraint so I just canned the order and told them I'd wait for a '23.

Just a guess ... but given the Denali Ultimate is coming in the Fall, it sure would look bad if GM was like, "DENALI ULTIMATE! SUPER-CRUISE! MASSAGE CHAIRS! IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!!! *small print* super-cruise, massage chairs, front/rear park assist, center console, 2nd row captain's chairs, heated steering wheel, 4-way lumbar, Bose speaker system, Tech Package, Max Tow, Adaptive Air Ride Suspension, and folding side mirrors all on constraint and will be $50 credits to be retrofitted later*

Just a slightly funny way of saying I'm guessing (and hoping!) that the initial batch of '23's will be fully-equipped with no retro-fits needed.
The 2023 ultimate looks awesome! That would be sad if all these features were scheduled for a later retrofit. I did see some 2022s now have the front and rear park assist installed so that seems positive.

OP
OP
A

Athenagmc

Reaction score
Nope, nothing and no update. My salesman said his managers are trying to get answers from their GM Rep...
Keep me posted if they get ahold of anyone who will give some other update - like an average length of time it might wait there before moving. Last chat with GM they said 6-12 weeks from order to delivery but then they couldn’t even tell me when the dealership had actually placed the order. I figured if I had that date at least I could try to plan out 12 weeks to get some sort of timeframe.

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WAIT! 6-12 weeks is what the GMC Chat told you? It's frustrating that you get different answers from EVERYONE.

OP
OP
A

Athenagmc

Reaction score
WAIT! 6-12 weeks is what the GMC Chat told you? It's frustrating that you get different answers from EVERYONE.
Yes! The guy a couple weeks ago said from dealer order to delivery is 6-12 weeks! I was trying to ask if that was a current estimate but didn’t get an answer on that. Do you know when your dealer placed the order? Maybe I can estimate mine if you know yours since they arrived a day apart in Midlothian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper