Numerous issues with 2022 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huck572

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 2022 Yukon XL Denali 6/25/2022. Didn't get everything I wanted but who does nowadays? 8/17/22 dash coming apart by shifting buttons and center console lid replaced. 10/22/22 driver side window quit going the entire way down.

Rear left seat would not raise to normal position from flat position. Dealer could not fix. I did.

11/13/2022 Daytime running light recall fixed only after I contacted the dealer and was never notified about a recall by GM.

20,000 mile service completed and many unnecessary things completed for several hundred dollars. I'll do my own from now on and keep my receipts.

1/22/2024 check engine light came on. Dealer had the car for a week. They said there was low fuel pressure in a fuel rail but couldn't duplicate it? and didn't fix it.

Also the drivers side running board wouldn't retract and they said it was cleaned and worked. It did for a few days then quit. No snow or ice in it like they said caused it.

Also said the cold weather cased the engine light to come on. Two weeks later the engine light came on, car would not go over 45 mph, five different warnings came on the dash. Service traction control, ESC, forward collision, reduced acceleration, vehicle lowering. Had it towed to the dealer. Guess what? Fuel pump was gone. After only 27,000 miles. Really? It should have been fixed the first time in January. I wonder what will break next?

I should be positive but I've had this to the dealer for repairs five times in less than two years for a total of eight (8) issues. Two of them caused me to lose use of my vehicle for at least a week although I finally got a loaner this last time. I could write more but enough rambling.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not say you are rambling. This Forum is all about sharing the good or the bad. Many experienced people here who can offer advice. From what I have seen so far, try another Dealer if possible. Sorry to hear about your Yukon but my 2022 (knock on wood) is doing fine, at least so far.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2022 Yukon XL Denali 6/25/2022. Didn't get everything I wanted but who does nowadays? 8/17/22 dash coming apart by shifting buttons and center console lid replaced. 10/22/22 driver side window quit going the entire way down. Rear left seat would not raise to normal position from flat position. Dealer could not fix. I did. 11/13/2022 Daytime running light recall fixed only after I contacted the dealer and was never notified about a recall by GM. 20,000 mile service completed and many unnecessary things completed for several hundred dollars. I'll do my own from now on and keep my receipts. 1/22/2024 check engine light came on. Dealer had the car for a week. They said there was low fuel pressure in a fuel rail but couldn't duplicate it? and didn't fix it. Also the drivers side running board wouldn't retract and they said it was cleaned and worked. It did for a few days then quit. No snow or ice in it like they said caused it. Also said the cold weather cased the engine light to come on. Two weeks later the engine light came on, car would not go over 45 mph, five different warnings came on the dash. Service traction control, ESC, forward collision, reduced acceleration, vehicle lowering. Had it towed to the dealer. Guess what? Fuel pump was gone. After only 27,000 miles. Really? It should have been fixed the first time in January. I wonder what will break next? I should be positive but I've had this to the dealer for repairs five times in less than two years for a total of eight (8) issues. Two of them caused me to lose use of my vehicle for at least a week although I finally got a loaner this last time. I could write more but enough rambling.
Agree w/ @GMCnewbee, you are not rambling.

You def had a few issues, most should/would have been minor if the dealer had a decent service department. If you have another GM dealer in the realm of close by, start going there. When you do, talk w/ the service manager when you first arrive and tell her/him that you are there because of a bad set of experiences at a different dealer.

On the several hundred $$ on the "20,000 mile service" wihch doesn't exist in the owners manual, did they just do them, or did they give you the opportunity to decline/review them before they just started working on your car.

@20k miles you probably should have had:
Cabin Air Filter (due at 22.5k miles), Wiper Blades (were due at 15k), rotate tires, and an oil change perhaps, if the OLM said so...beyond that a "20,000 Mile service" is not indicated in the Owners Manual maintenance schedule.

Net feels like your dealer is bad..or at least their service department is. Perhaps a conversation w/ the Service Manager at this dealer, or the dealer general manager is in order...

Incidentally, what made you decide to come post today...not that there is an issue, that is what we are here for...just curious if something was the "straw that broke the camels back" here.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is why I like to buy my vehicles used about 3-5 years old, then all the kinks are generally worked out already, but still with a little power train warranty just in case.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts