2022 Yukon Denali Order Status

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slade45

Reaction score
None. In the same boat - we were told it was arriving “any day” back in April and then it went to Midlothian and they have no idea on the timeframe. I think they maybe even had said it went from no ETA to just NA in the system. And here I was assuming July delivery as a worst case scenario! Haven’t heard from the dealership in quite a while. My husband figures as soon it comes it they’d let us know so he isn’t one to reach out and check (I am the opposite ha).

The inventory in the area seems to be moving at a snail’s pace. There are only 2 Denali’s “in transit” to the dealership currently and it seems like it’s been that way for a week or more. Seems like the wait is getting worse. If you see any movement on yours or get updated info from your dealership please update here! I’ll take any hope I can get

Sounds like we're in the same situation. I'll keep posting updates here as I get them (but they've been few and far between lately). I have been keeping an eye on the inventory at my dealer too and it has been moving slowly. I did see two new XL SLTs added this week (I have an XL Denali on order). I wish I could figure out the production dates of these other trucks. I have a feeling they were produced more recently than mine was but I'm just speculating at this point...

OP
OP
A

Athenagmc

Reaction score
Sounds like we're in the same situation. I'll keep posting updates here as I get them (but they've been few and far between lately). I have been keeping an eye on the inventory at my dealer too and it has been moving slowly. I did see two new XL SLTs added this week (I have an XL Denali on order). I wish I could figure out the production dates of these other trucks. I have a feeling they were produced more recently than mine was but I'm just speculating at this point...
I think so too. When the VIN tracker was working I would look at ones that were in transit and some looked to have newer VINs or even if ours were the same, their last 6 digits were higher which leads me to follow your thought too that they’re newer. Must be just the luck of what’s available when they’re on the line but I wish they’d save more of the chips for our vehicles so they’re out of that lot. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Billiebruce311

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of y’all have gotten your Yukons yet? Mine was built the week of 4/4 and it still hasn’t been delivered. My dealer is only able to tell that it’s waiting for dispatch.

OP
OP
A

Athenagmc

Reaction score
Mine was built 3/28, been at Mid since 4/4, then got the update it was en route to dealer on 6/10. Estimating a 7/1 delivery.
That’s great news! We ended up purchasing a base Denali last weekend that had just arrived at the dealership where we were waiting for our original order. It’s RWD (wanted 4WD), doesn’t have the retractable steps but they said we can retrofit those and the sunroof is also missing. It’s peak Texas summer though so it wouldn’t be open much anyway. We jumped on it because they had just told another customer to expect their order in October and ours still said No ETA in the system.

Not to mention financing rates. It was also finance through GMC (even though we had a lower rate locked in through a credit union) or no deal. No wiggle room either on our trade in. The dealership definitely still has all the cards.

WhiteZL1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am from Las Vegas, and to say I am frustrated with the ordering process is an understatement.

I got in line with one dealer who has ten people ahead of me back in November of 2022.

The line has stayed the same since.

I went to the other dealers, and one of them lied and said they would have an allocation in Jan; they took a 1000 dollar deposit. January passed, and no order number went to the dealer and found out that there had been at least another lady ahead of me since June of 2022. I got my deposit back.

I started looking at other states and the majority of the dealers; even though it shows in transit, the vehicle is fulfilling someone's order and is not available.

A dealer in AZ is getting 7 of them, and they are all called for, and the guy told me he has a waiting list that will go through the rest of 2023, if not 2024.

I found 2 Tahoes in California, and they are marked up by 5 thousand.

What I am failing to understand is that evidently, there is a huge demand for this vehicle, which could be profitable both for the dealers and GM, yet it does seem like GM is not doing anything to meet the demand. Please let me know if anyone knows a dealer with an allocation.

Thank you

Last edited:

DarkHorizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am from Las Vegas, and to say I am frustrated with the ordering process is an understatement.

I got in line with one dealer who has ten people ahead of me back in November of 2022.

The line has stayed the same since.

I went to the other dealers, and one of them lied and said they would have an allocation in Jan; they took a 1000 dollar deposit. January passed, and no order number went to the dealer and found out that there had been at least another lady ahead of me since June of 2022. I got my deposit back.

I started looking at other states and the majority of the dealers; even though it shows in transit, the vehicle is fulfilling someone's order and is not available.

A dealer in AZ is getting 7 of them, and they are all called for, and the guy told me he has a waiting list that will go through the rest of 2023, if not 2024.

I found 2 Tahoes in California, and they are marked up by 5 thousand.

What I am failing to understand is that evidently, there is a huge demand for this vehicle, which could be profitable both for the dealers and GM, yet it does seem like GM is not doing anything to meet the demand. Please let me know if anyone knows a dealer with an allocation.

Thank you
Long story short, they are doing something about it but it isnt enough.

Muzbomb

Reaction score
I am in Canada and i ordered my 2023 Yukon Denali in January 16/23 and got picked up by GM Feb 6/23 and just got a call yesterday that it has been shipped out. So 3-4weeks figure will see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17