2019 GMC Yukon NO Trans Gears, NO Tachometer, NO Oil Pressure, NO Power Steering SECOND TIME!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought it used last month from CarMax on December 11th. I am not sure of the LEMON process but would it qualify at over one years old and nearly 35,000 miles? Build date was September of 2018. I believe the dealership has to be able to at least remedy the problem, no?

I have not checked the battery's load performance but the starter has never sounded weak any time it has been started.

Like I said I had it towed to the dealership so it is documented. Problems never "fix" themselves. It is still under bumper-to-bumper warranty, which expires at 36,009 miles.

I’m guessing it was sold or traded in to CARMAX for the exact problem you are experiencing

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://static.oemdtc.com/TSB/MC-10118949-9999.pdf
https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/209372-electrical-issues/
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10113356-9999.pdf
do you see a pattern here? a poor electrical connection just wreaks havoc on these vehicles they have along history of it, hell they just did a recall on the battery cables for some the brand new 2019-2020 trucks because they used to much glue on the cable.
your symptoms may not be the exact same but they seem pretty similar to me
anyway just my .02 cents, some have had to replace the fuse box also
could be something else, who knows

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Apparently for the most part the lack of transmission gears doesn't happen for the guys with the Silverados and Sierras but I am reading one case where it did with a 2018 Sierra Denali.

From all of the other reports of trucks with electrical issues, all of them had unaffected transmissions, but did have the jerking steering wheel and flickering lights.

My steering wheel never jerked, though. Perhaps it is all related. But the vehicles are made on separate assembly lines aren't they? Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade in Texas and Silverado/Sierra in Indiana. Is that right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing it was sold or traded in to CARMAX for the exact problem you are experiencing

That is most certainly an interesting theory to believe that all of Carmax's hundreds (thousands?) of Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, and Escalades would all be auctioned by the rental companies for problems.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received a call from my dealer this morning, nothing found.

He said they cleaned some terminals around the battery and fuse block. I asked if they were corroded or dirty, he said no.

So, obviously this fix isn't going to repair shit in the long run. He said it must be physically inoperable in their shop for them to diagnose it. He said that there were three stored codes (inactive) for loss of power to the engine computer, body control module, and brake controller, but they could have been stored a very long time ago so that doesn't point to anything for a repair.

It was also pointed out to me verbally that they only get paid when there is a problem to fix, and when there isn't they don't like spending time on it.

Last edited:

JayMcB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^ at least he was honest. Gremlins like this are a ***** to track down. Intermittent ones are even worse.

Kinda making me glad I am jumping into my '99 Tahoe today. Lots less electronics.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure it will happen again, but there is no telling when, or where, or how long from now, or how far away from my locale I will be. Not the most confidence here at the moment.

Hrocks

Reaction score
Good luck with GM corporate. I had an '07 Escalade with PAGES of warranty work. It was beyond frustrating attempting to get any traction with them. After months of calling various Cadillac "customer service" lines, I finally got someone's attention to have a meeting at the dealership with a GM corporate representative. This guy could NOT have been more ARROGANT and rude. Got NOWHERE. I called a buddy of mine who owns a Chevy dealership...he knew of this clown and told me that he banned him from ever coming to his store and got a different rep. I ended up speaking to a VP at GM. Bottom line, they ended up working out a deal where they bought the car back as long as I bought another one. Which I did. A 2010 Tahoe LTZ. It's one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. I still have it in the home "fleet."

BTW, the redesigned 2021 T1 platform looks really promising...Time will tell. (I would however be skeptical of buying the first model year. GM is NOTORIOUS for working out the bugs on the backs of the early adopters.) Good luck with these GM2KXX trucks.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called consumer affairs this morning to document. Their best advice was to call back if it happens again.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy another battery and use it and if the problem does not come back you found the problem, heck the price of a battery is not worth the cost of the aggravation. The reason I pick on the battery is, that for a while the original batteries had internal intermittent connections in the internal straps between cells, your vehicle is in the time frame that that ghostly problem circulated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645