Oil Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L8T BURB

Reaction score
Hey guys I've got something I've been curious about and was seeking some input. As some of you may know, I swapped in a 6.6 Liter L8T engine into my 2015 Suburban last Fall. I've noticed that there are times when the oil pressure reading on my dash is maxed out during acceleration. Its more pronounced when the engine is cold. My gauge maxes out at 80 PSI.

I did a little research and noticed that the 2022 Silverado 2500 that my engine and transmission came from...that dash cluster has oil pressure gauge that goes up to 120. This would explain why my 80 oil pressure gauge occasionally maxes out. Not that it has any relation to this...but the L8T recommends 5W30 and that's what I use.

I guess my question is...does the engine running at higher pressure help things? Does all the 2021+ GM V8s have this increased oil pressure? Does it possibly help reduce top end engine wear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019