2019 GMC Yukon NO Trans Gears, NO Tachometer, NO Oil Pressure, NO Power Steering SECOND TIME!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happened twice yesterday, back to back, and to be honest those are the only two times I have ever noticed (heard) it occurring when starting.

As far as the power steering/stabilitrac issue, there is yet another 2019 Yukon owner and another 2019 Tahoe RST owner with the same error. Apparently they frequently get this error and have no power steering often, about five times they've said.

It seems like 95% of of the people that have this problem do not have any of the other power issues that I experienced simultaneously, like the gauges issue as well as the transmission not wanting to shift into reverse or drive.

I wonder if there's something electrically faulty with all of these electric power steering units that comes up and has the potential to cause other wonky electrical issues at the same time. The Tahoe RST owner stated smelling a burning smell before they lost power steering.

But for everyone, it always begins functioning again and then the dealers don't know what to look at. I hope more people call GM and complain about this, I suppose that's how TSBs and recalls get issued, through repeated contact by a group of people with the same problem.

Who knows this could be the start of something like that.

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Batteries are finicky at times and you could have a cell dying that may not be picked up with the usual battery testing equipment. They can cause all sort of wacky things to occur. With that being said I have read all sorts of grounding issues or electrical connection issues from all manufactures causing goofy things to occur like yours. The problem is tracking them down. Fuse block connectors, ground connectors ect. and the list goes on. You might try to hit up pgamboa on the other chevy site, He is pretty good with electronics and maybe pick his brain. He has developed a lot of wiring harnesses to add options that were not installed on your vehicle. The electrical gremlins can be a real pain in the ass and very discouraging. Good luck, try to keep a positive attitude and I hope you get it figured out. Google search if you have not already done so and read what it says not matter if it is GM, Ford or Chrysler. Maybe it will give you some new ideas.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally received a call back from GM Customer Service. Apparently they spoke with the dealer, and the dealer told them that the fuse block wasn't receiving power, which caused all of my problems. I told the GM employee that the GM dealership, although they performed the TSB, informed me that they didn't find anything out of the ordinary in regards to the connections between the battery and the fuse block, therefore I am not confident that I will not experience this issue in the future. Also, how do they know what was going wrong, because in their report, they were not able to reproduce my problem! Also, nobody has had any interest in viewing my video thus far, which definitely confirms the issue I was experiencing. My main concern here is being out of the 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty in less than 1,000 miles. I'm asking them for some sort of guarantee that if this problem arises in the future that it be covered since I reported it prior to the expiration of the warranty. I also mentioned that the TSB mentions zilch about the transmission not wanting to shift into any gear. I'm calm and treated the customer service representative from GM very friendly, but overall, they know very little about what I am talking about.

I also pulled the battery from the vehicle and took it to my local Advance Auto Parts to test it, who verified once again that it is in good condition with, I believe, 732 cranking amps.

Considering I have had the battery tested at three separate parts stores, I would have to assume that it is not at fault here.

By the way, whoever placed the single battery location at the passenger firewall should be questioned. What a pain in the arse location, mashed in there between the coolant reservoir, fender, and A/C lines, and the firewall. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to replace in some parking lot with frozen fingers. Talk about a god awful nightmare if it has to be done again in the future, without the comforts of my very own private garage! I have to comment that this is the absolute most inconvenient battery location that I have ever had to work with in my experience! I also went through all of the 5 battery connections including removing the entire fuse block on the driver's side of the vehicle and not finding anything wrong with any of the pins. Nothing is bent or broken or anything and everything looks immaculate to be honest, as one could consider normal on a 2019 model year vehicle.

Once again, I highly recommend to each and every one of you with a similar problem to CALL GM Customer Support. Some of you have gone "quiet" which is typical of an internet forum, but that's all I've got so I hope everyone here with a troublesome GM vehicle never gives up!

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which Chevrolet site are you referencing? I am only a member here and also at gm-trucks.com.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Batteries are finicky at times and you could have a cell dying that may not be picked up with the usual battery testing equipment. They can cause all sort of wacky things to occur. With that being said I have read all sorts of grounding issues or electrical connection issues from all manufactures causing goofy things to occur like yours. The problem is tracking them down. Fuse block connectors, ground connectors ect. and the list goes on. You might try to hit up pgamboa on the other chevy site, He is pretty good with electronics and maybe pick his brain. He has developed a lot of wiring harnesses to add options that were not installed on your vehicle. The electrical gremlins can be a real pain in the ass and very discouraging. Good luck, try to keep a positive attitude and I hope you get it figured out. Google search if you have not already done so and read what it says not matter if it is GM, Ford or Chrysler. Maybe it will give you some new ideas.

Which other Chevrolet site are you referencing? Thanks.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be the one. Look under the 2014-2018 Silverado-Sierra mods. He is on page 1 in reference to the center console swap.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to take a look over there. Thank you.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a private message I received about a fellow 2019 Yukon with an identical issue:

"Hey so I went to pick my Yukon up yesterday. They found codes U0100 and B1325 codes stored in several modules. They performed a voltage drop test on battery cables pos=90 NEG=209. They replaced the negative battery cable and the battery fuse block.

im hoping this takes care of it."

I should say, "nearly" identical, because his vehicle exhibited a check engine light whereas mine did not!

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it applies to ones under warranty. he still has some left (36k) depending on the state.. i would get a print out of it from the dealer and see what work has been done
Depends upon the state. There are usually time and mileage parameters for lemon law claims.