2015 Yukon Denali Crank/No Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SandRidgeRanch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum. I have a 2015 Yukon XL Denali 160k mi. Current situation is it will crank over, may start but only for a second. When i could get it to run, I did not hear any obvious alarming internal engine noises.

Codes I am getting are: P0175, P0106, P0113, P0172, P2098, P2228, P0097, P00C6, P00F4. Also had a friend with a better scanner get a low fuel rail pressure code.

Things I have looked at so far: Has premium fuel in it, Has oil, air filter is good/ no mouse nests, tried running with MAF unplugged, checked voltage at MAF harness, I can hear the in tank fuel pump turn on, plugs are wet. I need to check spark but battery was getting low so i put it on the charger for awhile. Ohm check from WHT/YEL wire to pin 70 on PCM. Have resistance but lower than spec. Currently have the intake manifold off to inspect HPFP.

If anyone has any pointers on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated. I should add that it has ran just fine up until it didnt. Never heard lifter ticks. Wife drove it 70 miles that day, then came to a stop at the mail box and it sounded like it was running out of fuel. I noticed i could smell the catalytic converter when she pulled up.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not familiar with the DTC codes by heart. Sounds EXACTLY like when my VATS got triggered and my truck thought I was stealing it. It will turn over but then computer turns off fuel pump so it won't run. Engine MAYBE runs for a second.

Does that sound like your issue? FYI ~ I think there's a DTC code when it's activated but I don't see it...

I wonder if you have a loose connector with all those signals running through it. I don't have the factory service manual for your truck or a Chilton's or anything but say, take one of the error codes...

P0106 is your MAP sensor. Get a wiring diagram for the MAP circuit. Trace the line back to the engine controller and make sure there's no issues or loose connectors. I'd also open each connector and make sure there's no corrosion inside along the signal path.

FYI ~ Start on the computer side and work towards the sensor.

Hope that helps! I'm starting to get electrical gremlins in my poor old tahoe :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts