2018 Tahoe Stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kna4977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You might want to rethink that. There is a excellent chance you will be soaking a lot of money into that POS for repairs...All that just IMHO.

In my neck of the woods the Escalade is one of the most popular vehicles to end up at the chop shop here in Miami. Opa-Locka in Miami is notorious for chop shops.

You might want to consider a good used PPV Tahoe.

Hopefully things work out well for you.

I'll assume you mean a police pursuit vehicle. Haven't seen any of those that were 4x4 at least around here and that is a requirement. Why would a PPV be any different than any other Tahoe as far as theft other than the look may be a deterrent.

OP
OP
K

kna4977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What does everyone think is my best option for aftermarket security? Ideally I want something that is reasonably priced, will allow me to track the vehicle, possible camera view inside and outside the car with motion alerts, perimeter sensing with motion alerts and sensitivity settings similar to a home security system, maybe something that will allow me to cut fuel, disable ignition, etc to prevent the vehicle from being taken. Maybe a system that will allow me to dial into the car each day and basically make it immobile. Suggestions?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does everyone think is my best option for aftermarket security? Ideally I want something that is reasonably priced, will allow me to track the vehicle, possible camera view inside and outside the car with motion alerts, perimeter sensing with motion alerts and sensitivity settings similar to a home security system, maybe something that will allow me to cut fuel, disable ignition, etc to prevent the vehicle from being taken. Maybe a system that will allow me to dial into the car each day and basically make it immobile. Suggestions?
a hidden toggle switch will do the cut-off, any kind of system that will provide gps tracking etc will have a subscription. mine cost's about $139 a year from viper, I think owl has a dashcam that connects to wifi, /beyond that your probably not going to find anything remotely reasonably priced, lojack will be your best bet and usually that is a option available at the dealer if I remember correctly I believe the cost in the range of $2-3k

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as dumb a$$ liberal politicians and governments make it easier and easier for drug use you will have the idiot entitled people that say, "I don't have it, you got it, I want it and I don't care about laws, so you don't deserve to have it and I will steal it". Per capita, Eugene, Oregon, has the highest % of homeless, with San Fran and L.A. right behind, and our home invasion, car theft, vandalism, drug crimes.....etc. just sky rocket while anyone who goes downtown has to watch out for the needles, urine and feces on the sidewalks and gutters.

I’m general, drug use has gone down over the last decade.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/nationwide-trends

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throw the keys in your microwave at night, works like a Faraday cage. Great to silence your cell phone for afternoon naps too!

So how does this all work? There is some type of cloning device that clones your keyfob from outside the home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, you must live a in a good area, there's tweaker's galore around here

Yeah, that’s why I said generally. Across the US usage has gone down but in certain areas it’s gone up. (Especially in a few cities and lots of rural areas)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212