New here! Picked up 2018 Tahoe Premier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAG617

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just picked up a 2018 Tahoe Premier, I was a little hesitant at first due to the mileage (160k) but after seeing it, I grabbed it. One owner, he was in sales and used to do 1k miles a week in it mostly highway up and down the east coast, he retired last year and only put 5k miles on it since. I work from home and barely drive, I was leasing a Grand Cherokee that had 14k miles after 2 1/2 years. So I think this car should do me for a while.

Has all service records. New tires, brakes, front shocks done last September. Transmission was replaced by GM at 90k miles w/100k transferable warranty, rear AC condenser replaced by dealer as well. Sounds and drives excellent, interior and exterior are mint, I was surprised at how clean the undercarriage and engine bay were. Pretty happy with it for $25k

Have been reading up on the AFM disabler, seems to be a pretty popular thing to do on these. Is it worth looking into for a vehicle with this mileage?

Thank!!

Tahoe side.jpeg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&NYC!

I will probably hit 160K miles this weekend. AFM is still enabled. Since the AFM is still working seamlessly not touching it. But that is just me.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar