2018 Tahoe Stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might want to rethink that. There is a excellent chance you will be soaking a lot of money into that POS for repairs...All that just IMHO.

In my neck of the woods the Escalade is one of the most popular vehicles to end up at the chop shop here in Miami. Opa-Locka in Miami is notorious for chop shops.

You might want to consider a good used PPV Tahoe.

Hopefully things work out well for you.

Here in the Quad Cities, stolen cars are becoming a major problem as well. Kids as young as 11 or 13 are stealing cars and just trashing them and leaving them busted up on the side of the road. Talk about driving it like you stole it. They have crashed into police cruisers and any other vehicle that gets in their way. Since the kids are minors, they get slapped on the wrist and let go to do it again. We have had a couple people get killed either by getting hit crossing a street or getting hit in their car.

Police say the majority of the time its people leaving keys in the car and it’s unlocked. Cars running while going into a convenience store or leaving keys in with door open while pumping gas. The punks will jump in and take off while the owner has the nozzle still in the car. Others are taken from driveways. The keyless push to start cars are even easier to take. Just need to have the key close enough to start and away they go.

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, all different sizes. amazon sells a few diff ones.
they work really well too. we use on hard drives for work & seen as large as laptop size.

if you have kids, when they act up... throw their cel phone into a faraday bag & no signal. lol

Throw the keys in your microwave at night, works like a Faraday cage. Great to silence your cell phone for afternoon naps too!

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, for a variety of reasons, first off I am not a low life scum who would even think of stealing a car, not a tech guy and maybe somewhat naive, as I live in Canada in a somewhat rural environment, BUT not completely living in a bubble, I am thinking I should invest in a Faraday bag for my fobs for my Tahoe...... is there one better than the other ( with out breaking my piggy bank) and obviously if the fob is in the bag, it would have to be removed from the bag to start the truck, right ( duh I, know LOL) I am on Amazon and checking them out now and all seem fairly reasonably priced..... any advice would be welcomed, as I don't really want my new Tahoe swiped ................. also my redneck way of thinking is if one gets caught steeling or has stolen a vehicle, it should be a hanging offense.................. as it was back in the old days when one stole a horse, my Tahoe is my 21st century horse.................. right?

coder

Reaction score
You might want to rethink that. There is a excellent chance you will be soaking a lot of money into that POS for repairs...All that just IMHO.

In my neck of the woods the Escalade is one of the most popular vehicles to end up at the chop shop here in Miami. Opa-Locka in Miami is notorious for chop shops.

You might want to consider a good used PPV Tahoe.

Hopefully things work out well for you.

Correct indeed, they just busted one the other day and was all over the news.

https://www.local10.com/video/alleged-stolen-car-chop-shop-uncovered-in-opa-locka-video

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throw the keys in your microwave at night, works like a Faraday cage. Great to silence your cell phone for afternoon naps too!

test it to make sure... doesnt always seem to work.
place a cel phone in it & call it from other line

So, for a variety of reasons, first off I am not a low life scum who would even think of stealing a car, not a tech guy and maybe somewhat naive, as I live in Canada in a somewhat rural environment, BUT not completely living in a bubble, I am thinking I should invest in a Faraday bag for my fobs for my Tahoe...... is there one better than the other ( with out breaking my piggy bank) and obviously if the fob is in the bag, it would have to be removed from the bag to start the truck, right ( duh I, know LOL) I am on Amazon and checking them out now and all seem fairly reasonably priced..... any advice would be welcomed, as I don't really want my new Tahoe swiped ................. also my redneck way of thinking is if one gets caught steeling or has stolen a vehicle, it should be a hanging offense.................. as it was back in the old days when one stole a horse, my Tahoe is my 21st century horse.................. right?

most are reasonably priced.
these bags are all about the same.
i dont recall any that were smaller cel phone in size.

personally, i like the Mission Darkness ones better, they fold twice & seal w/ velcro.
the one i use is like $20-25

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in Dallas for a couple weeks in May 2019 and one night 3 Yukons / Tahoes had their 22" wheels stolen in a matter of minutes. I learned through a local mechanic that was installing replacement wheels on one of the jacked Yukons that the Zeta's have an extensive professional ring running in Dallas and throughout Texas and would not be surprised if they've developed a system for quickly taking these vehicles.
"Zetas" Local Gang?

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That system as noted will run you about $1k installed, the 4g/gps service runs about $129 a year, they give a little break on a 3yr contract I think it's closer to $250-275
it's not for everyone but i got tired of getting my vehicles broken into, stolen, they rip out the stereo and **** everything up and it ends up costing a bundle to get it fixed.
Didnt think that they still stole Head units guess old ideas never die...... Bastards..

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That system as noted will run you about $1k installed, the 4g/gps service runs about $129 a year, they give a little break on a 3yr contract I think it's closer to $250-275
it's not for everyone but i got tired of getting my vehicles broken into, stolen, they rip out the stereo and **** everything up and it ends up costing a bundle to get it fixed.
My Viper here in NY was about $500 so whats another $500?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21