2018 Tahoe/Not sure what’s going on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DustaRimes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need some help:

I have a 2018 Chevy Tahoe LTZ w/the 5.3L. There was a ticking sound under the hood and it turned out to be a stuck lifter which caused a push rod to bend. Everything is finally done and replaced. When we went to start the vehicle, it was dead. So we took one of the wires and swapped it with a wire on a different post and it started fine. We shut the vehicle off, and swapped the wires back to the original posts. Then the vehicle locked with the keys in it and the OnStar theft activation system went off. I wasn’t present when this happened, so after they left I cancelled the theft activation. I’m hoping tomorrow it starts? Idk.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Did you issue get resolved?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need some help:

I have a 2018 Chevy Tahoe LTZ w/the 5.3L. There was a ticking sound under the hood and it turned out to be a stuck lifter which caused a push rod to bend. Everything is finally done and replaced. When we went to start the vehicle, it was dead. So we took one of the wires and swapped it with a wire on a different post and it started fine. We shut the vehicle off, and swapped the wires back to the original posts. Then the vehicle locked with the keys in it and the OnStar theft activation system went off. I wasn’t present when this happened, so after they left I cancelled the theft activation. I’m hoping tomorrow it starts? Idk.
presuming you have the key or a spare key it should start right up now, tomorrow, next week or any other time....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar