2018 Tahoe Stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throw the keys in your microwave at night, works like a Faraday cage. Great to silence your cell phone for afternoon naps too!
I either have a cheap microwave or very good cellservice phone rang on all 3 of my phones. call them with my house phone.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which viper? and what else did you add to it

I was wrong.. it wasn't a viper it was an Audiovox APS997E... This is the alarm that replaced the Viper... I've got the shock sensor for the glass and i think thats it... it's on my 97 4 runner.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wrong.. it wasn't a viper it was an Audiovox APS997E... This is the alarm that replaced the Viper... I've got the shock sensor for the glass and i think thats it... it's on my 97 4 runner.
the base viper alarm I had installed runs $400-600 retail then I added a 4g/gps add-on that was another $160 (plus the service which was another $139), then I added the tilt sensor, glass sensor, extra horn and requested specific installation and programming, it took the installer 8 hours to do the install and then another 1.5 hours getting the alarm how I wanted it and the 4g/gps service activated and tested. I'm happy with the install and price and it has a lifetime warranty.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no , they are a Mexican cartel
they are all over the U.S. :(
I did a quick search and found out the "great news" I wish we had someone to help us get rid of people like this . I guess they're a tad more involved that being just a "local Gang"
Scary times we live in...

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the base viper alarm I had installed runs $400-600 retail then I added a 4g/gps add-on that was another $160 (plus the service which was another $139), then I added the tilt sensor, glass sensor, extra horn and requested specific installation and programming, it took the installer 8 hours to do the install and then another 1.5 hours getting the alarm how I wanted it and the 4g/gps service activated and tested. I'm happy with the install and price and it has a lifetime warranty.

The alarm I had installed was nothing special... The place i had it installed is known for being kinda expensive.. The system you have installed sounds like it will do the job.
Best of continued success with it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The alarm I had installed was nothing special... The place i had it installed is known for being kinda expensive.. The system you have installed sounds like it will do the job.
Best of continued success with it.
anything more than what gm provides is good :thumbsup:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
DEI (Clifford & Viper) is good stuff. Did one on our VW in 95 after our CD player was pinched and the dash was hacked up to get it. Prior to that walked up to my car with the door open, windows down, motor running and no keys in the ignition. Later discovered there was a tool called a Lishi that granted access to anything.

9bb3d3a256c84593f0cd101db4832425.jpg

Did a Clifford 3G with tilt sensor, remote start for a 5SP M & a window + sunroof closer. The install took 8 hours and bummed they said it’d be two. The installer did it to spec and had only one issue with it in 25+ years. Amazing company as all their 3G & 4G products are backward compatible and upgradable.

Unfortunately their products are only as good as the installer. I’ve seen guys use vampire clips on installs, then blame the product. The installer is key.

Fred34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think it’s time that we all got ourselves a “ TRUNK MONKEY “ . Check it out on YouTube. I think that would be a great solution to truck thefts !!! And it works too !!! Bastards.......I hope you find your truck !!!