2016 Burb - New Built 6L80 and Circle D Converter going In Soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@mikeyss
That’s unfortunate. Did you happen to ever run that Circle D converter without a Black bear tune? If so, I’m curious if you had the same issue in having with the a slight shudder and converter not locking up when it should.

Thanks!
I never read the circle d without Blackbear tune. My issue when the original trans blew is ALL of the fluid was pouring out of the bell housing area. There were symptoms before that happened though, like shift flares and mushy shifts. It also slipped in 5th gear at times, or it felt the converter couldn't keep the lockup applied.

OP
OP
U

usaf27

Reaction score
Alright.
I didn’t want to leave this post without any conclusions. Last week I got a base tune from BBP. Which made big improvements. The shudders and TCC slip are almost nonexistent. It appears the more I drive the better it’s getting. So not sure if the transmission is still learning or what. However, I performed a Data Log and have sent that over. Waiting for BBP to analyze those logs and send me back my final tune.

So far so good and I am impressed with the BBP tune, even though it’s just a base tune to get vehicle drivable.

Thank you!! @BlackBearPerf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk