6L80 Sonnax ZIP Kit, Pressure Switch rebuild, remote filter install, and fluid flush in 2013 Escalade ESV (Pic heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed basically this same remote filter setup in the exact same place back in August of 2020. I use a Wix 51269 hydraulic filter though that has no anti-drain back valve and a 10 micron rating.

View attachment 354769
Sweet! I like that.

Where are you buying the hydraulic filter? Internet or brick and mortar store?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Sweet! I like that.

Where are you buying the hydraulic filter? Internet or brick and mortar store?

Thanks!
The first one I ordered from Summit Racing when I ordered the remote mount and fittings. I've since bought them from my local O'Reilly store.

Another thing to do with the ATF if you haven't yet and if you have some left, the transfer case takes the same fluid, but only about 3-4 pints (1.5 quarts). I used a small fluid pump in the gallon jug and spilled a lot out of the fill plug because I was thinking it took 3-4 quarts and was pumping away when it started pouring out onto the garage floor, lol

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first one I ordered from Summit Racing when I ordered the remote mount and fittings. I've since bought them from my local O'Reilly store.

Another thing to do with the ATF if you haven't yet and if you have some left, the transfer case takes the same fluid, but only about 3-4 pints (1.5 quarts). I used a small fluid pump in the gallon jug and spilled a lot out of the fill plug because I was thinking it took 3-4 quarts and was pumping away when it started pouring out onto the garage floor, lol

Thank you for the info. I will go to my local O’Reilly and get a couple filters.

That was one of the first things I did. The transfer case has just over 1.5qts of the same synthetic Dexron-VI as the transmission. Next oil change, I am changing the transfer case fluid again, just for good measure.
After that, I will change it yearly.

Thanks!

Reaction score
A filter with no anti-drain back valve will allow the fluid from the coolers to drain back to the pan when shut off, like it does without this modification. It will also make filter changes less messy, as there won't be as much fluid that will want to pour out when the filter is loosened

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A filter with no anti-drain back valve will allow the fluid from the coolers to drain back to the pan when shut off, like it does without this modification. It will also make filter changes less messy, as there won't be as much fluid that will want to pour out when the filter is loosened
Very good to know, thank you!

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soooo...back in post #34, I mentioned that there were O-rings I didn't use in the shift solenoid filter screen kit. Because I didn't know what they were for. Now I know. I was watching a youtube video from Precision Transmission on teardown of a 6L90E. Those O-rings are for the black plastic sleeve that the TECHM electrical plug interfaces with the external transmission wiring harness.

2021-10-24 026.1.jpg
Note O-rings in the bag in the red circle.

2021-10-24 045.1.jpg
Note plastic sleeve circled in red.

Next time I drop the pan, I will replace the O-rings on this sleeve.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey man, i just have to say thank you. it was interesting and a good read. I like stories that have structure so i can follow. The knowledge i have gained in the last few weeks is going to be invaluable to me going forward.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey man, i just have to say thank you. it was interesting and a good read. I like stories that have structure so i can follow. The knowledge i have gained in the last few weeks is going to be invaluable to me going forward.
You are quite welcome!
Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B