2013 Yukon Denali: Repair or Purchase a new vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian McGahan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2013 Yukon Denali with 205,000 miles on it. Currently, I need a new fuel pump, rear springs, and shocks along with a new airline and links. In addition, the rear axle seal has to be repaired. What are your thoughts on having the repairs done vs. getting a new vehicle?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2013 Yukon Denali with 205,000 miles on it. Currently, I need a new fuel pump, rear springs, and shocks along with a new airline and links. In addition, the rear axle seal has to be repaired. What are your thoughts on having the repairs done vs. getting a new vehicle?
I guess it's amatter of personal choice and finances. sounds like the only critical part is the fuel pump and then it can driven and the other repairs could be done over time.
my questiion is what is wrong with the springs and airline? springs may loose some % of retention over time but shouldn't be "worn out" per sey
if you can do some of the repairs yourself then you can save a chunk of money on labor

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the condition of the vehicle good? The repairs needed are mostly standard maintenance at this mileage.

I worry my transmission and AFM lifters might die one day. (209k myself) So I'm mentally prepared for that to be a possibility..

But then I've heard of some (@Trey Hardy) lasting 350k 400k! on original drivetrain...

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated above, what else is wrong with the truck, other than what you already stated? How much do you like the truck? Do you have an itch for something different?

The fuel pump replacement could run $1000 in a local repair shop (not a dealer), and if you do any wrenching, the rear suspension components that you mentioned need replacing could be done for under $1000, if you replaced them yourself (fairly easy job).

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Whoa, your talking about repairs that normally are taken care of at 100k mi. Keep in mind a newer vehicle will have expenditures too.

Maint and repairs are predictable and routine compared to the new Gen trucks. I’d keep whatcha got and do the repairs. A ‘13 Denali is a very well optioned truck.

GM is having issues with the newer 6.2L motors and they’re in short supply in some dealership locations.

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say it all depends on the condition of the body/interior and if the frame is rusting out. For me it would need to be in terrible shape before I gave up on her.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
How long have you had it? Are you the original owner or do you know the vehicle's history with reasonable certainty?

Personally I'd do the repairs but then once I finish payments on a vehicle I start to lay the money aside from the payments in savings to cover the kind of stuff you just brought up.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Assuming the truck is in decent material condition, fix it! It's a lot less expensive to make the necessary repairs then to buy a new car of equal value.

There's an old Irish proverb saying, "better is the devil you know than the devil you don't".

You can drop $10-15K on that truck and still be ahead compared with buying a new or newer one. Even better when it's free and clear, no bank note.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Definitely this …
You can drop $10-15K on that truck and still be ahead compared with buying a new or newer one. Even better when's it's free and clear, no bank note.

My usual rant will hit home even more since you have a ’13 Denali outfitted by the factory for future modifications they never implemented. Your current HDD Navi spanks the next Gen units. It currently has push to command control of Siri for iPhones so it will verbally read / write texts or any other command.

I) The BTdieselworks module that will add those future mods that include remote 24/7 rear camera in motion view access, remote and/or auto mirrors fold & window close, windows one touch down on all glass & up on d/s, emerg strobe of all lights, read/delete of DTC thru center console/DIC, an optional 100% reversible engine trans tune.

II) Crutchfield A2DP Music BT streaming module. It allows you to stream music or audio from cell. This means Waze, Google maps audio will mute BT streaming music to announce directions or traffic alerts, then music automatically resumes. Incoming calls pauses music & mutes Navi and still lowers hvac fan speed so you’re not talking over roaring a/c fans. It’s uses all the factory steering wheel controls.

III) VIM defeat / Vehicle in motion override. Enter Navi address, dial BT calls or select / view movies for 2nd/3rd row while in motion.

IV) OnStar access. Miss this? I’ll sell ya my Uber rare 3/4G Canadian/US o/s module that has $15 Mo unlimited WiFi & push to speak Navi directions into the Navi plus all the other usual o/s emergency features. Yes, it’s working OnStar for a 07-14 truck.

083349E2-B165-4C09-9A38-740B40199BB1.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo