New Toy - 2013 GMC Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The aftermarket A2DP music streaming module passes through the XM receiver that may be located behind the glove box door. If it’s not there, then it’s built into the am/fm receiver.

Best deal I’ve seen XM offering is $5mo for 12 or 24 mo.

OP
OP
moviewithnotitle

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The aftermarket A2DP music streaming module passes through the XM receiver that may be located behind the glove box door. If it’s not there, then it’s built into the am/fm receiver.

Best deal I’ve seen XM offering is $5mo for 12 or 24 mo.
I grabbed a photo of the XM module. The stock unit does do BT for phone calls, but that's all I have gotten it to provide. For now, I picked up the Aux-USB-BT thingy that j91z28d1 suggested which so far is working great.

Attachments

• XM-Module.jpg
    XM-Module.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 4

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yup, that’s an external XM tuner. That pretty much confirms sometime after 2011 GM started using external XM tuners on all full size SUV even if they didn’t have Navi.

You’re good to install that 2 minute integrated $69 A2DP music / audio streaming kit from Crutchfield then.

Does your rig have the little Bose speakers on the windshield pillars?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you link to this thing on crutchfeild? I did a quick search and nothing came up.

I'm curious.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It’s BTS-GM1x. I see Crutchfield sold out. I got mine from ISS automotive several years ago.

Looks like Amazon has em too for a little more but if you’ve got prime it ships free.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Thanks for posting up the pic of the xternal XM tuner behind the glove box door. That little harness connector marked in red is where the A2DP module does it’s plug n play thing.

CD871DD6-BBE7-48CA-B0EB-BA534A7564A0.jpeg

Coveman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats on the new addition, I have a 99 1/2 ton burb that my son took to san diego so I looked and found a 13 Burb k2500 that I’ve been driving all over the place. Awesome vehicles

Attachments

• IMG_6621.jpeg
    IMG_6621.jpeg
    593.4 KB · Views: 1

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Lucky you! Last year made of the Burb 2500, available to civilians anyway. The only way to get a 15-20 2500 or 3500 Burb or Yuke now is when they get retired and ridden hard from City, County or Gov service.

OP
OP
moviewithnotitle

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, that’s an external XM tuner. That pretty much confirms sometime after 2011 GM started using external XM tuners on all full size SUV even if they didn’t have Navi.
You’re good to install that 2 minute integrated $69 A2DP music / audio streaming kit from Crutchfield then.

Does your rig have the little Bose speakers on the windshield pillars?
I do have the Bose on the A pillars. Funny you mention that. My setup has the separates in the front (door and pillar) and coax in the rear pillars. I thought for sure the rears were in the doors. No biggie really, it sounds good.

Sidebar: Every time the wife and I go out to dinner, we both comment on how quiet the interior is. Sans teenagers makes a big difference in any vehicle :Big Laugh: , but compared to my 96', there's no comparison. My Passat is good, but tinny depending on the road surface, and the wife's Beetle Conv, well that's like being outside!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan