2013 Tahoe, front part of dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

the front part of the dash, nearest to the windshield, finally cracked.. somewhat ugly, near the VIN number.

Is the an after market one, black, that it can be replaced with (and doesn't crack that asy?)

Also, does anyone know the original part number?

(I have been thinking about maybe have that "shell" installed, that covers the whole dash. any pointers for that?)

thanks,

Ron

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I cannot help you out directly with your question; however, I know that this topic has been discussed extensively on this Forum. If you have not already done so, perform a search on this Forum for dashboard cracks.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front piece as far as I know doesn’t get covered with the dash covers, at least mine doesn’t. I just pulled mine last week and repaired the cracks with a plastic welder. Every clip was broken off and the drivers corner was cracked off. It looks alright but certainly not as good as new. The biggest problem is just how cracked the dash is under that piece.

they’re under any gm parts store. Look under instrument panel. They’re not cheap and don’t see it lasting with the dash being messed up underneath.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron,
You might want to talk to @kylers2k I think he put in one of the slip-on covers on his dash...
Kyle

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front piece as far as I know doesn’t get covered with the dash covers, at least mine doesn’t. I just pulled mine last week and repaired the cracks with a plastic welder. Every clip was broken off and the drivers corner was cracked off. It looks alright but certainly not as good as new. The biggest problem is just how cracked the dash is under that piece.

they’re under any gm parts store. Look under instrument panel. They’re not cheap and don’t see it lasting with the dash being messed up underneath.

Hi Joel,

Yeah, we had our first snow/frost here in the mnts, in NM, we had snow in the morning, it melted, then froze again over night, and during the day sitting in cold weather, in the baking sun. I think the material the dash is made out of realy doesn't like temp changes. (the corner near the VIN number isn't just cracked, it shattered into 4 pieces, no real way to fix it I think.
The front part is cracked, near the airbag.

I might replace the "front part with the defroster duct, and put a cover on the larger/inside part. How easy is it to put a cover/shell on there? does it look at least good?

thanks,

Ron

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just worked piece by piece to get it back together after seeing the price of a new one. It indeed is brittle but I no longer have a terrible rattle.

Putting the cap on isn’t bad. It didn’t 100% fit the contour around the top of the gauges so I had to warm it up some. I used regular silicone to install. I don’t know what brand it is because it came with my vehicle.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dashmat makes covers they are only $40, you can choose from several colors and you can custom embroider one also if you want, they have been around decades