2013 Tahoe, front part of dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kylers2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the dashskin cover and it's great quality. Right under $150 shipped. No one notices it riding with me unless I point it out.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just worked piece by piece to get it back together after seeing the price of a new one. It indeed is brittle but I no longer have a terrible rattle.

Putting the cap on isn’t bad. It didn’t 100% fit the contour around the top of the gauges so I had to warm it up some. I used regular silicone to install. I don’t know what brand it is because it came with my vehicle.

Hi there Joel,

I bought a used/salvaged one that was in a really good shape, still $160, but a new one is twice that. I am also installing an XM antenna in a "pre-owned antenna hole" and want to route it underneath that panel and drop it between the two air ducts. I'll install the panel after that. I want to keep the old pieces, there seems to be a shell for the front too.

as I said, I really like my Tahoe, but the black recycled panels are junk, it seems. Who would have thought that recycling plastic, (re-heating it so it can be moulded will break polymeres) and setting in in the baking sun at 20 degrees would be asking for trouble.

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gm#23224733 ebony in coloer
$361.80

googled the # saw a few on ebay for under $100

I didn't see them on ebay that inexpensive, I found one in a good shape that was $160. I was/am seriously thinking if I should put a layer of JB-weld on the underside.. but ... that might get pretty expensive.

Ron

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Wes,

I am the guy that replaced the dead audio controls with a $40 cubby *lol*.. I'm not gonna put carpet on the dash.... :)

Ron
I was just suggesting alternatives to "glue-ing" a cover on, a new replacement dash is the best fix but a bit costly