Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure the install process is virtually identical. Plus some may be interested in the quality of the cover for comparison. I certainly was when shopping for this Coverlay.
Well I don’t know about the installation of the covers but I have removed the dash from my 02 Yukon Denali and painted it which was pretty easy in comparison to the dash I replaced in my 08 Silverado. BTW you could have painted yours with SEM paint instead of the cover to get the 2-tone, they’re pretty easy to remove and those dashes never break. I painted mine 3 years ago and it still looks new. Now as for the NNBS, they’re a ****** design made from ****** plastic.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dashkin is in and I am very pleased with the results/-Looks great- you wouldn't know it's there. I do but wth.... the annoying rattles are gone- only a slight creak from right side. much more pleasant to drive.

Some notes:
2 person job- sliding cap panel in with glue on it.
buy a second tube of rtv- use it because the tbe they give u is not enough. I did but wish I used more of the second tube.
weigh it down- iused a moving blanket and put 4 10lb plate weights and watter bottles.
Let it cure OVERNITE

pics later

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dashkin is in and I am very pleased with the results/-Looks great- you wouldn't know it's there. I do but wth.... the annoying rattles are gone- only a slight creak from right side. much more pleasant to drive.

Some notes:
2 person job- sliding cap panel in with glue on it.
buy a second tube of rtv- use it because the tbe they give u is not enough. I did but wish I used more of the second tube.
weigh it down- iused a moving blanket and put 4 10lb plate weights and watter bottles.
Let it cure OVERNITE

pics later
Can you still remove the instrument cluster if needed?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure....
I can see from the pics you can’t. The part above the cluster that curves up has to come off. There’s 2 screws under the front lip and then that part pulls up and out. I don’t understand why these dash cover companies don’t have a separate part that covers that piece so the cluster can come out for servicing. Maybe because they want to sell you another one if you need to do that.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should not stop you from removing the cluster. You can access the screws under the curve.

I have never had to remove a cluster though. The 800's were notorious for bad stepper motors.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve installed a Dashskin on a 07 yukon. The tube they sent was enough per the instructions. I had no issues with any areas pulling up after the install. The reason they only send one tube is so you DONT put too much RTV on the cap for the purposes of removing later. I’m pretty sure you can remove the cluster after the installation. I did the install by myself. Wasn’t hard at all. I’m not a huge fan of the seams. Also the texture and sheen is different. It worked for my application on that particular vehicle but not sure I would install it on something that I was keeping long term.
f4292704d62834a6162a1e6da27b3a0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts