2013 Avalanche...LMG 5.3 to L96 6.0 (Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
01FormulaTA

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I kind of have a dilemma....I am thinking about selling the truck...

A friend of mine recently got a job offer to move to Florida...long story short his company will be providing him with a company truck and he has a 2015 Crew Cab Silverado 2wd 5.3 with only 30k miles he is looking to sell quick, he's gonna take it to Carmax and basically told me he will let me buy it for whatever they offer(which I know will be dogshit)....so I can prob get this truck for low 20's but then I would need to sell my Avalanche...I would save the TVS and CCW wheels for another project later but I would leave the new LS3....

Or I can let him trade the truck in and miss out on the deal and finish up the Avalanche....

Thoughts??

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
That's a great idea, if you had the cash to lay out. Me personally, I'd keep mine, especially if it's paid for.
Its a $30k truck that he’s gettin for 20 cuz his buddy is hooking him up, wouldn’t be right to flip it, you could get your money back from the avalanche, and then the truck is also paid for.

OP
OP
01FormulaTA

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah if I buy it I wouldn't flip it, I would rather keep it....I still have to hear what he gets offered on trade...I think the truck is worth about ~$28k if I was to buy it at a dealership

junkyard 5.3 for the ava and sell it, ls3/1900 swap the new truck, sell genV 5.3

Yah I think I may swap the 6.0 back in the Avalanche and it would prob sell faster as I would be willing to take a lot less...havent seen any Gen IV LS motors in the 2014+ trucks so im not sure what all that swap would involve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts