2012 Tahoe: Cabin Air Filter??? Confusion....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryKing

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Want to replace the cabin air filter 100+ miles..

I can SEE it with glove box door dropped..

BUT online I see references to "KIT to replace filter", "Replacement Filter door", "Filter to be used if the filter box 'Has Been Cut'""..

Please educate me about How To Replace the original 2012 Tahoe Cabin Air Filter.

I can cut anything, drill anything, but WHAT????

THANKS!

Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont terry at terryking dot us

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The kits are there for the numerous rigs that do not have the cabin air filter but the owner wants to install one depending on how far that owner needs to go to do that.

Watch 2-3 you tube videos for the procedure or wait for a member with a rig the same year to chime in.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Want to replace the cabin air filter 100+ miles..

I can SEE it with glove box door dropped..

BUT online I see references to "KIT to replace filter", "Replacement Filter door", "Filter to be used if the filter box 'Has Been Cut'""..

Please educate me about How To Replace the original 2012 Tahoe Cabin Air Filter.

I can cut anything, drill anything, but WHAT????

THANKS!

Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont terry at terryking dot us

You don’t have one unless a previous owner installed one . You’ll not be able to seee it with the glove box open. You need to pull the passenger kick panel under dash and cut a hole in the plastic condenser box and insert a filter then door Thats included in a retro kit.

lots of info on here and youtube

7DC92EA6-EEF8-4666-96F7-95C4FA9416E4.png

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a GM accessory to add a cabin filter (that Dorman copied) but unless someone has done that you do not have a cabin filter from the factory. If it has been done you have to remove the cover off the bottom of the heater case. I cannot be done through the glove box.

OP
OP
TerryKing

TerryKing

Reaction score
OK Here's what I see .. upper right with glove box dropped down.
2012TahoeMaybeFilter.jpg

So maybe that's a filter for when running Recirculate Air???

The screen is hung on two little slanted pegs.

@Galante: THANKS! I see where that cut would be made.. NOW I'm much less Confused about all this.

We live on a very rural road in Vermont USA but we have not been complaining about dust in the truck. IsThere any other consideration such as A/C evap heat exchanger that would benefit from adding a filter??

THANKS to everyone.. this is a great group!

Regards, Terry

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts