Cabin air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 07 Yukon XL Denali did not have a cabin filter installed, and I had to cut out the plastic piece in the housing that would become the filter slot opening. It is a relatively easy job with some patience, and I purchased the filter installation conversion kit listed above in this thread. I have only one filter for my installation.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 filters?

those look nothing like mine. mine uses one filter that is designed to fold on its way in for clearance
Both filter types are correct (I have used both). Because of the firewall sloping toward the rear as it meets the floor pan, there isn't enough room to slide the filter straight in. GM deals with this by cutting notches in the sides so the filter can fold and then straighten out once it is about half way inserted. Some after market use two filter elements side by side, you insert one and push it toward the front and insert the second one to fill the remaining space.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both filter types are correct (I have used both). Because of the firewall sloping toward the rear as it meets the floor pan, there isn't enough room to slide the filter straight in. GM deals with this by cutting notches in the sides so the filter can fold and then straighten out once it is about half way inserted. Some after market use two filter elements side by side, you insert one and push it toward the front and insert the second one to fill the remaining space.

huh. I guess as long as it seals.

the aftermarket wix has 2 part numbers and both are singles with the notches

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The cabin air filters are also a good safety measure to stop critters from getting in your truck. They like the filter media and usually stop and nest in it giving you time to react from the smell and get em out.

Slide in a new activated carbon filter to capture all the funk and move on.

OP
OP
Summer b

Summer b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone. Mine does not have a cabin air filter..so I'll have to get the kit. If I really want or need one!

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep!
I had mud on and at the bottom of my evaporator core.
Dust with the condensation I guess.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has a cabin air filter, according to RA and the cover is like what @mikez71 said. You need to lay on your back and look up to the bottom of the heater box housing.

RA shows one just like all my parts suppliers do because it was put in only in certain factories
There is a retrofit kit for it (which I have done).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts