2008 Tahoe..Parking lights issue..BCM issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
I have been chasing a strange electrical issue with my 2008 Tahoe LS. My passenger side parking light will not illuminate. I have changed bulbs several times with no luck. The turn signal works just fine. I did some more digging yesterday thinking perhaps it was the wiring harness to the headlights. I swapped harnesses to the driver side and the parking light worked. However,upon reconnecting the driver side harness I no longer have parking lights on that side either. Turn signal still functions normally on both sides. I’ve checked fuses and relays and everything appears ok. The only other thing I would mention is I have had remote start issues for months where the truck will not start after sitting. I have to manually start with the key and then immediate remote start it. So it’s possible I have a BCM issue somewhere too. That isn’t likely to have any correlation to the aforementioned issue I would assume though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TahoeLT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been chasing a strange electrical issue with my 2008 Tahoe LS. My passenger side parking light will not illuminate. I have changed bulbs several times with no luck. The turn signal works just fine. I did some more digging yesterday thinking perhaps it was the wiring harness to the headlights. I swapped harnesses to the driver side and the parking light worked. However,upon reconnecting the driver side harness I no longer have parking lights on that side either. Turn signal still functions normally on both sides. I’ve checked fuses and relays and everything appears ok. The only other thing I would mention is I have had remote start issues for months where the truck will not start after sitting. I have to manually start with the key and then immediate remote start it. So it’s possible I have a BCM issue somewhere too. That isn’t likely to have any correlation to the aforementioned issue I would assume though

This would be hard to diagnose without Tech2. There are very cheap way to get your hands on one.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check for power at the fuse check and then check for continuity between the fuse and harness/bulb socket. this should point you in the right direction
if you have power at the fuse and not at the socket, then you have a open circuit, you can try making your own ground to the socket and see if the break is the positive or negative, if the break is in the negative then you can just make a ground and you good to go, otherwise you will need to patch in a power wire. or find the break and repair.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remote start is very picky at times if there are any inconsistencies.

OP
OP
C

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
Been busy with the holidays and was out of town visiting kiddo. Just got back and tested the fuses using a tester light...there’s power to both fuses. Does anyone have a wiring schematic or know where to get one? Thinking this is going to become a pain in the butt to chase down

OP
OP
C

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
I should add this seems to be an intermittent condition. Sometimes they both work sometimes only the driver side parking light works.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I have wiring schematics. Is your problem in the front or rear?

OP
OP
C

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
Is there any possibility the headlight switch inside the cabin is bad? Just trying to rule things out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98