2008 Tahoe..Parking lights issue..BCM issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Not sure if these will be legible enough. If it's not I can PM you some PDF's I believe.
Exterior Lamps Wiring 1 of 2.JPG Exterior Lamps Wiring 2 of 2.JPG

OP
OP
C

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
I’ve been playing around with the Tech 2 (vxdiag plus tech2win on a laptop) when I command an action such as turning on fog lights,should it illuminate on the IP or no? Also I’ve been getting random errors that say i have the wrong vehicle selected. b5fe28123eda13f1ced113073d3d9cbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see from your first post that you have a 2008 Tahoe LS. In order to select the correct vehicle in the Tech 2 you need to know if it's 2wd or 4wd, along with some of the options (probably like the radio and heater controls, at least it's that way for my '04).

What are your vehicle details and what specifically are you selecting in the Tech 2 menus?

Is the issue long-term or has it just started? Any recent work on the vehicle?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...when I command an action such as turning on fog lights,should it illuminate on the IP or no?

My experience has been, yes, it should illuminate and on mine at least, the menu in the Tech-2 will have a line for showing that the light is on or off too. Every year's menu, even in the same generation can be different. On mine, I can select "C" for RWD and still access all the BCM features just fine, and it does not see any of the 4x4 stuff. But it is important to select the kind of radio or suspension if it asks to configure the menus properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972