2007 - 2014 GMT900 SUV Model Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Rear seat heating as well as cooling is now a stand alone kit with a TED (thermal electric device) like the factory uses on the front seats. No need to integrate it into the trucks electronics at all. All you need is perforated leather seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear seat heating as well as cooling is now a stand alone kit with a TED (thermal electric device) like the factory uses on the front seats. No need to integrate it into the trucks electronics at all. All you need is perforated leather seats.

I’d need seats to begin with! ;)

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's not that simple. If you use an aftermarket kit, the switch is a latching type. Meaning once it's turned on, it stays on until turned off. It can be made to turn off with ignition but then it will turn right back on again when the truck is restarted. So if you have a rear seat passenger who doesn't know this, and turns on the seat heat but then doesn't turn it off (assuming it resets itself just like all OEM setups), then your seat heater will be on every time you drive the truck until someone notices and flips the switch back. This is a pretty big deal that isn't a problem with OEM setups that reset when power is cycled.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not that simple. If you use an aftermarket kit, the switch is a latching type. Meaning once it's turned on, it stays on until turned off. It can be made to turn off with ignition but then it will turn right back on again when the truck is restarted. So if you have a rear seat passenger who doesn't know this, and turns on the seat heat but then doesn't turn it off (assuming it resets itself just like all OEM setups), then your seat heater will be on every time you drive the truck until someone notices and flips the switch back. This is a pretty big deal that isn't a problem with OEM setups that reset when power is cycled.
Nah, pete has the greatest solutions and he can even recommend a service plan that will take care of all of that......o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo