2007 - 2014 GMT900 SUV Model Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My 2011 didn't have the 2nd row tumble switches in the overhead, neither does my 2012. They must've stopped before the 2011 model year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s odd to remove a feature like that for a couple years and then bring it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, this is the kind of info I'm looking for. I ended up bringing it home this evening. It's got the K5L, 3.42 rear end and LC9 aluminum block. You're correct, VIN code 7 for the LC9.

It looks like the control arms are steel, but I'll have to investigate further. Any reason GM would use one over the other?

On the Hill Start Assist, Trailer Sway Control & Cruise Grade Braking; are those automatically engaged? Obviously, I haven't looked over the owner's manuals yet.

Based on my limited reading, it sounds like I should pick up a Range device to disable AFM. It's also tempting to have it taken care of with a BlackBear tune.

Do the 2012 full size SUVs still use the Tech2 or did they move to the Global A communication model?

AFM on those later years is far more reliable than the earlier years, prior to 2011. BlackBear tune is awesome, best part for me was how the transmission performed afterwards.

Negative, they actually ‘removed’ that option in 11-12? In the oh console.

12-13 you can still use a tech 2. 13-14 is when they changed. But since 14 was a carryover year I would bet a tech2 can still be used.

hill start, tsc and grade br are automatically engaged.

I believe ‘smart suspensions‘ got alum controls arms but I am not exactly sure on that.

someone used to make a heated steering wheel harness a few years ago but since stopped.. (for us northerners) but I like the cooled seats add on thing.

This! ^^^^

With regards to the overhead console switches, I do not see them after 2009 for the power flip and fold seats. 2007-2009 have shrouded buttons for the moonroof and I think the power lift gate but this too went away after 2009 if memory serves.

Yes, the heated wheel is a popular add-on and the harness is a pain to acquire.

OP
OP
C

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With regards to the overhead console switches, I do not see them after 2009 for the power flip and fold seats. 2007-2009 have shrouded buttons for the moonroof and I think the power lift gate but this too went away after 2009 if memory serves.

Yes, the heated wheel is a popular add-on and the harness is a pain to acquire.

Hmmm...were there secondary release switches on the C pillars as well?

The brochures all the way through 2014 mention available “power-release flip-and-fold” second row seats. So where’s the switch on the 2010-2014s? Is there a specific RPO for that feature?

What do you mean by shrouded switches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...were there secondary release switches on the C pillars as well?

The brochures all the way through 2014 mention available “power-release flip-and-fold” second row seats. So where’s the switch on the 2010-2014s? Is there a specific RPO for that feature?

What do you mean by shrouded switches?

Yes, there are switches on the B-Pillar and for whatever reason took away the driver's ability to operate them. On my truck, there is raised plastic on either side of the moonroof switches. I don't remember the part number and still cannot find my Crash Book since the move to look it up, argghhh!!

Reaction score
And I thought mine was special! LOL Didn't we talk about this a few years ago???
Don't think so, only been a member since 2018.....lol

I have been a member on another forum (gmtrucks) since 2007 though under a different user name. I haven't really posted over there in years though

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think so, only been a member since 2018.....lol

I have been a member on another forum (gmtrucks) since 2007 though under a different user name. I haven't really posted over there in years though

Well it might have been, I've only been on since 2017 when after buying mine. AlGore hadn't invented the internet when we were drag racing our Buicks way back when. I did join the 60-Degree V6 forum because of the cool LZ9 motor in our 2006 Montana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts