Mishimoto 1999-2014 GMT800/900 Performance Radiator R&D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Not sure about the other forum but in their defense, they did post this at like 6pm on the Friday before Easter.... maybe they just haven't been back in the office.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Sounds good... What's the price point going to look like?

Curious on price..seems like a nice option. I don't use my end tanks at all, but I like the idea of not having any plastic in the radiator to fail.

I bought your dodge radiator for my 95 Cummins. I bought it for the lifetime warranty that comes with your product. I'm very happy with it, fit perfect cools great and looks awesome too. If my intercooler springs a leak or any of my other trucks radiators break, I'll be looking for a replacement from you guys.

That said I'd love to be a test mule if you're looking for someone!

Test mule #2 here... noticed a small weep on my driverside frame rail.. nothing hitting the ground but something is leaking..def dexcool crap as I noticed my reservoir is a little low....

or a price for a 13 tahoe lt

But, answer all the questions above 1st....lol

durability testing?
warranty period?
will it have the option for both oil cooling and trans cooling?
drain ****? (gm seems to think it's not needed anymore and so your just left with a big mess to clean up instead)
and then of course yes everyone wants to know the price.

Thanks for the questions everybody. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I did write this up as I was leaving the office for the weekend, and Mondays are always hectic. I'll try to answer everybody's questions, just let me know if I miss any!

As for durability testing, we have had two radiators on two trucks for a combined total of about 16,000 miles with no issues. The truck that we used for temp testing is our project manager's and he drives the vehicle every day as well as tows a track vehicle with it. The other vehicle is also a daily driven / work truck.

All of our radiators are backed by our lifetime warranty, including accident protection (in which we will replace the radiator in the event of an accident when provided with a report of said accident). If you ever have an issue with one of our products, just call us up, message us on the forums, or email our customer service.

This radiator will include both oil cooler ports and transmission cooler ports as well as a drain plug that allows you to easily and cleanly drain the radiator.

Pricing for this radiator will be around $500, with the pre-sale being discounted from that. I will be updating this thread when the pre-sale goes live, so you all will have first notice.

Here are some more images of the radiator for a better look at all of the features:

MMRAD-GMT-99_1.jpg

MMRAD-GMT-99_3.jpg

MMRAD-GMT-99_6.jpg

Thanks!

-Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Where is it made ? Looks like a nice radiator

Thanks!

All of our products are designed, engineered, and tested in our New Castle, Delaware facility (about 40 miles south of Philadelphia). Manufacturing location varies by product, but this radiator will be manufactured in China. Just like Chevy/GM's overseas manufacturing, all of our products are held to a rigorous QC process, which is led by our team in Shanghai. Any product that does not meet our specifications is rejected. The product that you see in the images above is one sample from that manufacturing line that we use to verify that our specifications are met, the fit and quality are up to our standards, and the product performs as it should.

We don't compromise on quality, no matter where we manufacture a product. We have manufacturing facilities in California, Texas, Delaware, and China; all of them are held to the same quality standards. We also stand behind all of our products with our lifetime warranty to ensure our customers receive the highest quality product available.

Unlike many companies that manufacture overseas, we prefer to be open and transparent about our processes; which is why we write these posts and welcome any questions you might have.

Thanks again,

-Steve

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Thank you, pics not coming up on my phone tho....maybe its me.

Try it now. Our site was having an issue with images when I first posted this too, so it might just be glitching again.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a wonderful design and looks amazing. I make these next questions/comments to help the average consumer on here. GMC trucks have a few well known issues and weaknesses but failed radiators didnt seem to be one of them (atleast I dont see it in the discussions). I dont know a single person that had to replace a radiator and not even sure of the life expectancy. I would assume anyone into descent to heavy modding engine wise would love this.

One of the biggest troubles and possibly second highest selling point this radiator may have is how it impacts the transmission temperature. Transmissions are somewhat common fail point for this truck and ofcourse temperature plays a role. Can you share feedback on how the transmission temp has improved from adding this radiator? I think it would help improve the interest.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Reaction score
This is a wonderful design and looks amazing. I make these next questions/comments to help the average consumer on here. GMC trucks have a few well known issues and weaknesses but failed radiators didnt seem to be one of them (atleast I dont see it in the discussions). I dont know a single person that had to replace a radiator and not even sure of the life expectancy. I would assume anyone into descent to heavy modding engine wise would love this.

One of the biggest troubles and possibly second highest selling point this radiator may have is how it impacts the transmission temperature. Transmissions are somewhat common fail point for this truck and ofcourse temperature plays a role. Can you share feedback on how the transmission temp has improved from adding this radiator? I think it would help improve the interest.

I don't believe these radiators are notorious for leaking or cracking as some others are, but just about anything plastic in an engine bay will crack given enough time. That being said, our focus for this project was on the performance aspect of the radiator. To answer your question about the transmission temps, we saw a consistent 25*F drop in transmission fluid temps during testing, as reported by the OBD system. This testing was conducted while towing our 4,500 lb. enclosed trailer. Our project manager has also had this radiator installed on his Tahoe (the same vehicle and radiator we used for testing) for about 8,000 miles and recently towed his BMW track vehicle. He noted his transmission temps were down in line with our testing. Here's the graph from our data logging system. The black line is the transmission fluid temp with the OEM radiator and the orange line is with our radiator installed.

400-MMRAD-GMT-99_6-600x405.jpg

Hope that answers your question!

-Steve

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe these radiators are notorious for leaking or cracking as some others are, but just about anything plastic in an engine bay will crack given enough time. That being said, our focus for this project was on the performance aspect of the radiator. To answer your question about the transmission temps, we saw a consistent 25*F drop in transmission fluid temps during testing, as reported by the OBD system. This testing was conducted while towing our 4,500 lb. enclosed trailer. Our project manager has also had this radiator installed on his Tahoe (the same vehicle and radiator we used for testing) for about 8,000 miles and recently towed his BMW track vehicle. He noted his transmission temps were down in line with our testing. Here's the graph from our data logging system. The black line is the transmission fluid temp with the OEM radiator and the orange line is with our radiator installed.

400-MMRAD-GMT-99_6-600x405.jpg

Hope that answers your question!

-Steve
size specifications? I am interested in core thickness, also it is considered 2 core? or single

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man I wish these were available sooner! I JUST put a brand new OEM radiator in my 2013 Avalanche 2 weeks ago (my original wasn't even leaking I just decided to throw a brand new one in since I was installing a brand new LS3 crate engine)....BUT I would have bought this just for the added feature of a DRAIN PLUG, draining the OE radiator makes the biggest mess ever, you are lucky if you can catch half the coolant in a bucket (c'mon GM o_O)...looks like a great design!

Any pics of the drain feature?