2 horns out at same time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As title states, no horns. Not at the wheel, not with the key fob. Fuse & relay is good. They were replaced 5 years / 75,000 miles ago with standard motor product parts. They look like c r a p but was wondering if anyone has ran into this, like if one dies does it take the other with it?. Ordered 2 new ones, passenger side looks easy, driver seems like it requires removal of battery, tray, and drop of washer reservoir. Any tips are appreciated thanks!

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a panic button key fob try it if it doesn’t go off it’s a different issue if the panic button does work and not the steering wheel it’s all in This video.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go to deep into screwing around with it until you have confirmed the actual horn is good or bad
easily done by applying 12v to the horn OR take a meter and confirm you have 12v on one wire when the horn button (steering wheel airbag) is depressed
the horns are normally grounded and 12v is applied when the button is depressed.
so confirm the horn is grounded and apply 12v if the horn does not make a sound replace horn.

OP
OP
Teamiez

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a panic button key fob try it if it doesn’t go off it’s a different issue if the panic button does work and not the steering wheel it’s all in This video.
Panic button does not work so I think this video is ruled out.

OP
OP
Teamiez

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go to deep into screwing around with it until you have confirmed the actual horn is good or bad
easily done by applying 12v to the horn OR take a meter and confirm you have 12v on one wire when the horn button (steering wheel airbag) is depressed
the horns are normally grounded and 12v is applied when the button is depressed.
so confirm the horn is grounded and apply 12v if the horn does not make a sound replace horn.
I will get a helper and try this, or take the passenger side off and apply some power. The passenger side didn’t even have a bolt holding onto it and when I took it off sounds like a bunch of rattling inside of it. I am guessing they are toast.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am attaching the PDF on diagnostics for horns and this diagram.
The FSM has very specific step-by-step instructions. Some are intended for Tech 2 scan tool, which is not required to complete basic diagnostics, but would definitely be very helpful to you if you had one.

It is from my 04 Field Service Manual, but I would expect the same for yours.
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 10.04.54 AM.png

Attachments

• Horns.pdf
    224.2 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645