2-3 Inch Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas or suggestions. After putting in my kyb's on my ZW7 equipped Hoe, over a certain speed the rear feels like it's wallowing. KYB site said these shocks are compatible with ZW7, but Idk. I've been wanting to lower it anyway, so I'm looking for a 2-3 drop, nothing crazy. I want to stay with these shocks and look for a kit with rear lowering springs. I don't want to do double the work and spend double the money. Anyone have any ideas? @NORCAL SS , any ideas? Thx for any input.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine separately because i didn't have the cash to do front and rear at once. I was able to keep the stock shocks and ordered Belltech 3" drop springs out back and 2" drop spindles for the front. I didn't see any kits that were cheaper.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Do you have a link for the rear springs? I want to stay away from doing spindles.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I read that the adjustable panhard bar and free travel mod are a must for drops.
Im learning as I go just like you. I've never messed with suspension besides stock components

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" up front do the DJM lower control arms, 2" up front, do the spindles. If you just replaced your front shocks, then you'll want do the spindles. Otherwise you'll need new shocks. Tony, NORCAL SS, has great packages for these trucks. He'll take care of you.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I know its simple (especially with these trucks) and I know how it's done.....I've just actually never physically done it lol. My main problem is autoride.

Don't forget relocation brackets for the rear. My plan was 3-4" in the rear and 2" keys up front till I have $$ for spindles. Keys are bad for your components but atm i drive my tahoe once a week for only just a few miles just to stretch out her legs.

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2" spindles and turned down the keys slightly. I should have just done the 3" control arms but didnt think I'd go that low without bagging it. So with that, it's a VERY soft ride, and you can bottom out easily with the keys. Just wanted to let you know the effect of keys. It'll ride like a caddy over small stuff, and slam you over larger pot holes and highway dips (like bridge transitions throughout Louisiana)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VMC145

Latest posts